Scarlatti

David Sprouse

David that's a very nice arrangement - I detected a hint of distortion in places on my Sony MD-7506s but that may just be my ageing ears. One minor crit - I would have liked a little more variation in the volume between the instruments but goodness me, getting the articulations and subtle variations for classical instruments right is difficult enough (well in my experience it is anyway) so all credit to you - an excellent interpretation. Andy

• Like 1

Hi David . . . well, there's nothing baroque about this, sounds great to me ! (guess you've heard that one before ?) Nice smooth listen for a Sunday afternoon, goes with Pinot Noir very perfectly. What's that low instrument in the middle, bass clarinet ? . . . what a cool sound.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2022 at 7:19 PM, noynekker said:

Hi David . . . well, there's nothing baroque about this, sounds great to me ! (guess you've heard that one before ?) Nice smooth listen for a Sunday afternoon, goes with Pinot Noir very perfectly. What's that low instrument in the middle, bass clarinet ? . . . what a cool sound.

Now I have to agree with noynekker - this goes excellently with my Pinot Noir (my favorite!!)

this is very well done, really enjoyed the listen

Nigel

• Like 1

Excellent work my friend, however I do agree with AndyB01 in that the instruments seem to lack a little color in places and there seems to be a compression problem towards the end giving a sort of breathing 'in and out' sound ... if that makes sense, plus it has been cut off far to quickly ... But hats off to you as I don't know how you get such a complicated piece of work together ... 🤔

Stay safe

Steve 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

That was excellent - it sounded quite good through my headphones. Nicely done. Regarding a hint of distortion - I think it was right on the edge - but not bad to my ears.

thank you douglas.   The distortion is from the contra bassoon I think.  thanks for listening and commenting.

On 1/16/2022 at 3:19 PM, noynekker said:

Thanks for listening Bruce.  I think you hear the contra bassoon, those low notes?  I'm glad somebody is still drinking even if I don't anymore. haha.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:22 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Much enjoyed David.👍's!

t

thanks for the thumb's up tom, it's greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 11:44 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Now I have to agree with noynekker - this goes excellently with my Pinot Noir (my favorite!!)

this is very well done, really enjoyed the listen

Nigel

Oregon has some very fine pinot noir's, hope you can come and visit some time.Thanks for listening.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:02 AM, SupaReels said:

Excellent work my friend, however I do agree with AndyB01 in that the instruments seem to lack a little color in places and there seems to be a compression problem towards the end giving a sort of breathing 'in and out' sound ... if that makes sense, plus it has been cut off far to quickly ... But hats off to you as I don't know how you get such a complicated piece of work together ... 🤔

Stay safe

Steve 

Steve,  I think I need to redo the Flute line with a breath controller.  That'd make the arrangement come alive.  Thank you for commenting and listening.

• Great Idea 1

Steve,  I think I need to redo the Flute line with a breath controller.  That'd make the arrangement come alive.  Thank you for commenting and listening.

Look forward to the re-mix .. are you using a DX7 ? I only say 'cause I have never used a breath controller in favour of the old mod wheel thingy. Been watching Spitfire software stuff .. gives me a whole new respect for your work ... it's hard! always a pleasure to hear your uploads.🤝

Steve

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 8:08 AM, SupaReels said:

Look forward to the re-mix .. are you using a DX7 ? I only say 'cause I have never used a breath controller in favour of the old mod wheel thingy. Been watching Spitfire software stuff .. gives me a whole new respect for your work ... it's hard! always a pleasure to hear your uploads.🤝

Steve

Steve--I remixed it, the dynamics are still a little bland.  I had to *pan normalize * it as  I mixed it too far on the left (I think I'm going deaf in my right ear).  Not perfect, but better than it was.

When I listened to this the first time it was on my laptop (2nd system) through cans, and I missed a few things that having now listened in the studio makes me even more happy with this mix.

Couple of things  I noted was the reverb seems to be a lot better, in that, it sounds like I'm hearing a live performance .. might just be 'cause it's my studio set up ? Have to say I have a dodgy right ear as well so my sympathies there, makes life very hard when mixing. I did notice the flute drops off a little too quick @ 5.25 ... still an extremely small nig I have to say.

It's a beautiful bit of work for such a complicated piece..  and I love it, so well done my friend👊  

ATB

Steve