Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo 88

Set Me Free

Somebody's havin' too much fun in their basement , , , and everybody gets to have their turn, nice work Bill !

Somehow I was reminded of George Thorogood, and his cut loose pop rock stylings . . . well done sir !

That's some pretty great playing! The recording sounds kind of muffled to me. Otherwise there is a lot of energy.

Thanks guys, my strong suit is definitely not music mixing. When there are a lot of elements I have to learn how to give each it's own sonic space.  That would solved the muffled or muddy problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, Jimbo 88 said:

Having fun in my basement studio...

Nothin' wrong with that!

👍

t

like that bIII to IV

Edited by DeeringAmps

Vibe is quality, song is a mover, and the mixing down low would definitely be worth some time . . . Vocal performance is spot on!

Great vocals and playing - as others said a little muddy but apart from that really cool

Nigel

I do love this forum.  Now, to go to work on the mixing.  I have to get into  "De-mudding" my mixes.   That's all on me.

Thanks everyone.

As noted it is all a little down the middle, perhaps some belter soundstage positioning would open the mix up, as the good performances are getting a little swamped in the mix.

Aaaah -  the sounds of early rock 'n roll -- the real rock and roll.  Love the lyrics and the performance sounds like you all were having fun (a requirement of old time R 'n R).  The chaps commenting above know what they are talking about and should be listened to but I love the mix (sort of a 1950's retro sound).

Keep on rockin' cats!!