I wanna live here.

Shane_B.

My wife and I were out and about on Saturday  Friday, doing some after Christmas shopping looking for some sales and driving around listening to my Christmas music I've recorded over the years in CbB and S1. It was a tradition I started since the first year I moved out west in 98. I'd record a song and send to family at Christmas every year but stopped 10 years ago when we moved to MO. I have quite a collection of Christmas music I've recorded over years.

We ended up about an hour south of where we live in a nice little town called Clinton. I saw a sign that said "Tightwad 13 Miles" so of course I had to go check it out. I came in to town and the sign said Tightwad Population 69 and about a block in to town there was this ...

20211231_120150_HDR_3.thumb.jpg.3c412d8aee8bc57d94d1e5e894714930.jpg

This is one of the things I love about MO. They used to have a sense of humor. The town I live near is called Peculiar and there are other places with funny names too. But Tightwad MO is a real place. Back when my dogs were still around I would take them for rides and we'd go exploring. There are still tons of tiny little towns in MO with populations from 100 down to a dozen.

It was a good day filled with my favorite music, it was 64F, sunny. But seriously, I could live there. And now with Elon providing high speed satellite internets to us country folk, there's no reason whatsoever to live near town anymore. Unless you like being in town. 👍🏻

Edited by Shane_B.

I phoned a suicide prevention helpline last week...........

I told the lady who answered that a month ago I met the most beautiful girl in the world and she's really into me. Won't leave me alone, if you know what I mean. Anyhoo, I was feeling so lucky that I bought a lottery ticket for the first time ever and I won 39 million, so I went straight to the swanky car dealership and bought the lamborghini that I've always lusted after and they gave me a 20% discount too. Now I'm having my dream house custom built and I asked my girl to marry me. I know it's a bit sudden, but it just feels right, She agreed, but only if there is a pre-nup that gives her nothing in the event of a spilt because she doesn't want people to think that she's after my money.

"So what is your problem?" the lady asked.

"Oh" I said, "I don't have a problem, I just thought I'd let you hear some good news for a change."

Shut up.

It's the CH...old jokes are allowed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1