murat k.

Snap to Nodes

Just now, Kevin Perry said:

No - personally, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve from your video screenshot,

This is the problem. You should've get it at first glance.

"Snap to Nodes" is the Title. So how is this possible that people can't get it. This is the thing that I can't get.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, murat k. said:

Snap.gif.db2391a95d02ee8c4bc59b55354e29f0.gif

We need Snap feature for Automation Nodes.

What happens if you delete the node you're dragging there?

14 minutes ago, Matthew White said:

What happens when you request something useful and people come with unrelated responses?

While you dragging the nodes and when they close to each other, the dragging one will automatically snap to steady one. OMG. I can't believe that I had to explain it that much.

This function can be toggled like the Note Snap. Sometimes you may want to disable it.

For now, rather than adding and dragging a node to change the envelope, change the curve from jump to one of the other curves.

If you delete the node you're dragging around, it accomplishes the same thing you're trying to achieve.

5 minutes ago, scook said:

For now, rather than adding and dragging a node to change the envelope, change the curve from jump to one of the other curves.

Thanks for the information Steve.

1 minute ago, bdickens said:

If you delete the node you're dragging around, it accomplishes the same thing you're trying to achieve.

It is not working every time as you see.

1.gif.d0bbc6a2b8b02dcbef3eba7f9a3701c8.gif

Yeah, it's not a matter of adding a node, it's a change to a different curve like this

Yw59BoB.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matthew White said:

2 hours ago, murat k. said:

What happens when you request something useful and people come with unrelated responses?

This was not an unrelated response, this was based on what usually happens when you delete a node, I did not to know that wasn't working for you this way as you hadn't stated that before I commented. 

Maybe you should try to understand that anyone that offers suggestions based on what works for them are only trying to help, instead it seems you'd rather pass them off as unrelated or a waste of time just because it didn't work for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew White said:

This was not an unrelated response, this was based on what usually happens when you delete a node, I did not to know that wasn't working for you this way as you hadn't stated that before I commented. 

Maybe you should try to understand that anyone that offers suggestions based on what works for them are only trying to help, instead it seems you'd rather pass them off as unrelated or a waste of time just because it didn't work for you.

Matthew I understand you. And thanks to everyone who tried to help. And the real help will be supporting this idea because it's better than workarounds.

@murat k.  fwiw, thought the request was obvious, maybe because i find myself having to "repair" automation breaks more than I'd care to admit (i.e. inserting/deleting measures). 'select a node and drag on top of another' works, but it's a bit "fiddly". "Snap" would make this much more robust and efficient. 

• Like 2