Here's my version of a great old Duke Ellington Song that was redone by Steely Dan on their Pretzel Logic album.  Accompanying this audio is a video of select Buster Keaton clips.  Buster was a comic genius way way way ahead of his time.

Both Audio and Video available here:  https://baselines.com/?p=6373

Video on Youtube available here: 

• Like 3

How did Buster not die?

Cool vibe on this one, I like the instrumentation and the arrangement. The lead piano had a bit of chorus effect going which puts it in a more modern category, as did the lead guitar. Nice juxtapositions!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 9:58 AM, mark skinner said:

Great recording job and mix !  I Loved the video ! I think Buster would have had fun on TikTok.       mark

Absolutely Mark.  Can you imagine the things he could do today?  His expression is priceless.  Thanks for watching.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

How did Buster not die?

Cool vibe on this one, I like the instrumentation and the arrangement. The lead piano had a bit of chorus effect going which puts it in a more modern category, as did the lead guitar. Nice juxtapositions!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom - I was happy I got to use my banjo plugin on this one!

Nice jazzy pace Steve and loved the catchy guitars there... good old time feel 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramscapri said:

Nice jazzy pace Steve and loved the catchy guitars there... good old time feel 👍

Thank you for listening and for the feedback!

Steve

• Like 1

Love how you captured that period of music instrumentally, especially the piano !  . . . of course the effects you added bring it to the modern era, very interesting and energetic piece Steve !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, noynekker said:

Love how you captured that period of music instrumentally, especially the piano !  . . . of course the effects you added bring it to the modern era, very interesting and energetic piece Steve !

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Steve