Jump to content
husker

Not Deal - The Second Best Thing About This Forum

Recommended Posts

Outside of Larry's tireless work, the good fellowship and amazing camaraderie  of like minded plug in buyers, and the amazing wealth of knowledge and experience here........I always love seeing Abacab posting, as it reminds me of that amazing song....

(Neither full Kontakt or ILok required)

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a fact!  We're not a forum...we're family!
That become obvious with Terry (Musical)...may he continue
to rest in peace!  I came here at Sonar X1 and never 
left because of people like Bitflipper, Bapu, Fleer, and Bass Daddy, and Mesh...
and a bunch of others...

The mutual support, and the fellowship, along with a plethora of deals
is what makes this my home!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's  why this is my primary music forum.  Also,  is it any surprise that the Larry posts that would be most relevant to me at this moment are the ones for hard drives??? If anyone spends enough time in this part of the forum it will happen to them eventually. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and ZincT and Zo and Scook and Your 'Ol Pal and...well the list goes on.  Some we haven't heard from in a while, too, and others I hope are OK.  Its been humbling to hear what it takes for some of us to procure the objects of our desires (keep it clean - I'm talking plug ins!!!) and the occasional advice to "use what you've got!"   I'm also happy to know I'm not the only one that ignores that advice once in a while!

Well said, Hukser...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

...and ZincT and Zo and Scook and Your 'Ol Pal and...well the list goes on.  Some we haven't heard from in a while, too, and others I hope are OK.  Its been humbling to hear what it takes for some of us to procure the objects of our desires (keep it clean - I'm talking plug ins!!!) and the occasional advice to "use what you've got!"   I'm also happy to know I'm not the only one that ignores that advice once in a while!

Well said, Hukser...

If we used what we've got we wouldn't spend so much time here! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's a fact!  We're not a forum...we're family!
That become obvious with Terry (Musical)...may he continue
to rest in peace!  I came here at Sonar X1 and never 
left because of people like Bitflipper, Bapu, Fleer, and Bass Daddy, and Mesh...
and a bunch of others...

The mutual support, and the fellowship, along with a plethora of deals
is what makes this my home!

Yes Lars, we are a family. And I am really looking forward to Festivus this year. Especially the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

I got a lot of problems with you people!

I've been washing behind my ears 😜

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

Yes Lars, we are a family. And I am really looking forward to Festivus this year. Especially the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people!

Festivus Autisticus

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

Yes Lars, we are a family. And I am really looking forward to Festivus this year. Especially the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people!

 

what-do-you-mean-you-people.gif

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes great people here. I started with this back when it was a "newsgroup". 

The helpful and knowledgeable peole here was the biggest factor in my going with Cakewalk, and staying with it. I have Studio One from the beginning,  Reaper from the beginning.  And tried those forums. But none were even close to this one.

Best forum on the web.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said @husker

In January this year, after a very heavy bout of GAS over last year's BF/Christmas, I decided to try not looking at the Deals Forum for a while to see if my GAS situation improved.

So what did I learn?...

1. Main thing is, as Husker, Larry and others said; I missed the camaraderie, humour, goodwill and experience of all the good folk who post here. That includes Larry, abacab, Fleer, Mesh, LavaJawa, Simon, Marc, Matt, Scook, Mark, Husker and a whole bunch of others. Seriously, this is a unique forum and long may it continue!

2. I still kept receiving emails from brands where I had previously subscribed or bought from so there was still way too much temptation, just none of the enjoyable banter that went with it. 

3. My GAS situation maybe slightly improved but that was probably due to already owning so much stuff. 

Overall, I think it's probably time to admit defeat and come back home (and just in time for the Sonokinetic 12 days :) )

Now I've got some catching up to do !

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, husker said:

I always love seeing Abacab posting, as it reminds me of that amazing song....

Alright, I can't stand the suspense any longer...........which amazing song does he remind you of?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Well said @husker

In January this year, after a very heavy bout of GAS over last year's BF/Christmas, I decided to try not looking at the Deals Forum for a while to see if my GAS situation improved.

So what did I learn...

1. Main thing is, as Husker, Larry and others said; I missed the camaraderie, humour, goodwill and experience of all the good folk who post here. That includes Larry, abacab, Fleer, Mesh, LavaJawa, Simon, Marc, Matt, Scook, Mark, Husker and a whole bunch of others. Seriously, this is a unique forum and long may it continue!

2. I still kept receiving emails from brands where I had previously subscribed or bought from so there was still way too much temptation, just none of the enjoyable banter that went with it. 

3. My GAS situation maybe slightly improved but that was probably due to already owning so much stuff. 

Overall, I think it's probably time to admit defeat and come back home (and just in time for the Sonokinetic 12 days :) )

Now I've got some catching up to do !

You rock, ZT.

(and Unify is going silicon native this weekend!)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pollux said:

Indeed :D I keep coming here even though I switched to Mac and canot use CbB anymore

 

And I came here in 2014 to know more about Z3ta+ on Mac, go figure. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never, ever in my life even installed CakeWalk. I'm not actually even sure what it looks like.

I came for the deals, stayed for the good vibes this place has (and the deals).

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fleer said:

You rock, ZT.

(and Unify is going silicon native this weekend!)

One day I hope to rock as much as you Fleer!

Good news about Unify - been testing the Windows beta and it also rocks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I have never, ever in my life even installed CakeWalk. I'm not actually even sure what it looks like.

I came for the deals, stayed for the good vibes this place has (and the deals).

Cakewalk, to me, is the best DAW, aesthetically, on the market!  And the Skylight interface,
again, to me, is the way a DAW should work.  I came from Cubase to Sonar X1, and ever since
then, Cakewalk, has been my main DAW.  It just seems "logical" to me...and I have Pro Tools,
Samplitude, Reaper, Mixbus 32C, Mixbus, Mixcraft Pro, Acid Pro, Sound Forge Pro...blah blah
blah.  They all do basically "the same thing"...it's just "how they get there" that's different.

To me, Cakewalk just "makes sense" but YMMV

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cclarry said:

That's a fact!  We're not a forum...we're family!
That become obvious with Terry (Musical)...may he continue
to rest in peace!  I came here at Sonar X1 and never 
left because of people like Bitflipper, Bapu, Fleer, and Bass Daddy, and Mesh...
and a bunch of others...

The mutual support, and the fellowship, along with a plethora of deals
is what makes this my home!

I’m also telling my money to not leave, but because of your posting, I saw a lot of dollars come and go…

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...