Jump to content
Carlos  Iglesias

Ikmultimedia Syntronik 2

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

It appears that if you copy Syntronik 2 files to a subfolder of your ST3 folder as I did you have to specifically identify that sub folder in your sounds path - neither Syntronik 2 nor ST4 picked it up when I just rescanned the ST3 folder. I've rescanned Syntronik 2 and now that works ok - just waiting for ST4 to complete the rescan......

 

Syntronik 2 is not really a ST3 or ST4 library, so I gave it a unique path on my samples drive. You make a good point though about needing to identify a sub-folder if you go that route.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I just assumed that it would pick it up under the ST3 folder - IK works in mysterious ways 😉 Hard to complain though as Syntronik CS is an excellent freebie!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

Syntronik CS is an excellent freebie!

Have to agree!!! As the dust has settled a bit, I am finding that Syntronik 2 CS is a very nice upgrade to Syntronik 1 (I have Deluxe). Too bad they had such a rough time with the initial release!

If you want to see the new presets that are available, open up SampleTank 4 and just list the Syntronik 2 CS presets. There are quite a few provided for CS, most for the new instruments, but they included some for the Syntronik 1 instruments. All of them are capable of opening up in the editor in either the Syntronik 2 or the SampleTank UI.

For example if you have Syntronik V-80 from v1, take a look at the new preset 'Roppongi Nights Drone'. It's Syntronik 2 compatible. For an even bigger sound switch it from Legato to Poly mode! It's great as a solo lead with glide, but as a big poly fat pad! Wowza! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guyz , same goes for st 4 , may i ask you how to download but not install stuff ?

had promotions slots availlable i rushed puting st 4 in one of them but if i can t only download with installing (90 gb remaining ng on my ssd) .... this thing is usueless and will'ask support if i can swap choice for other stuff 

 

Also presets in standalone seems to load fine now , is it becuase i have a sampletank 4 lincence now ? Or an update in thecneter have been made ?

Edited by Zo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ALC said:

From IK Product Manager, it only gives you the option to download and install.  But if you go to https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/, for each product, go to Sounds Download, and manually download.  It’s a lot of files for SampleTank 4, though.

Thks , totally forgot that , can i choose to dowload for exemple only drums , how the install will then ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, abacab said:

For example if you have Syntronik V-80 from v1, take a look at the new preset 'Roppongi Nights Drone'. It's Syntronik 2 compatible. For an even bigger sound switch it from Legato to Poly mode! It's great as a solo lead with glide, but as a big poly fat pad! Wowza! :)

Trying to understand this. I have that preset in Generation > Syntronik 2 in Syntronik 2. I do not have it in the prior version of Syntronik.  Have the Syntronik presets been updated to include that preset? 

EDIT: Or are you saying that our Generation > Syntronik 2 presets (which are editable in Syntronik 2 CS) are individualized and depend on which Syntronik Instruments we "own?"

PS: The Syntronik 2 web page that shows the different versions says that the lower end versions "host" the prior Syntronik presets while they are editable in the highest end version.  Is this what you mean?

Edited by User 905133
To add a third question; To add a second question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks , totally forgot that , can i choose to dowload for exemple only drums , how the install will then ? 

I just tried SYN 2 today. I installed SYN 2 then downloaded the sounds. they come in 2 zip files and you extract them to where you put your sounds. I guess you can not install SYN 2 sounds. It seems to me there are updated sounds for older SYN 1 synths. When I looked at it, i can see a SYN 2 filter and then it filters a bunch of older SYN 1 synths. I guess those are the new presets for them for SYN 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Trying to understand this. I have that preset in Generation > Syntronik 2 in Syntronik 2. I do not have it in the prior version of Syntronik.  Have the Syntronik presets been updated to include that preset? 

EDIT: Or are you saying that our Generation > Syntronik 2 presets (which are editable in Syntronik 2 CS) are individualized and depend on which Syntronik Instruments we "own?"

PS: The Syntronik 2 web page that shows the different versions says that the lower end versions "host" the prior Syntronik presets while they are editable in the highest end version.  Is this what you mean?

I am referring to the new preset in Syntronik 2 CS, 'Roppongi Nights Drone'. It is a version 2 preset for V-80. Maybe you don't need to have the version one instrument installed to see this preset in CS, as it uses the v2 synth engine. I wasn't really sure when I made that statement. This preset is not available in version 1, and Syntronik 1 was not updated.

I have Syntronik 1 Deluxe, so this was not a "clean" install on my PC. Meaning that I already had the full instrument collection from Syntronik 1 on-board, and then added the Syntronik 2 CS. So the legacy instruments and presets show up in Syntronik 2, as well as the Syntronik 2 CS presets. Ditto for SampleTank 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zo said:

Thks , totally forgot that , can i choose to dowload for exemple only drums , how the install will then ? 

Unfortunately, SampleTank 4 installs ALL of the presets for your ST4 edition by default. The assumption is that you will download and install all available sample content.

That second part is of course optional, but the presets without samples will give an error if you try to load them.

They should have done the presets and sample content in a more modular structure, so that you could pick and choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, abacab said:

Unfortunately, SampleTank 4 installs ALL of the presets for your ST4 edition by default. The assumption is that you will download and install all available sample content.

That second part is of course optional, but the presets without samples will give an error if you try to load them.

They should have done the presets and sample content in a more modular structure, so that you could pick and choose.

I feel you , i registred st 4 and saw the editor , inwas like yeah a way to manage content , but it s a sample editor ...i thought it was solething to organise everything in st .. they def should do sole like that ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually a bit disappointed in IK on this rollout.   From the installation issues to the purchasing issues, it is certainly not a customer friendly experience.

I wanted to purchase it (I have some completist tendencies [right @Matthew Sorrels?]) but IK has not made it easy - now support has told me I can't use Jam points to do so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, husker said:

I'm actually a bit disappointed in IK on this rollout.   From the installation issues to the purchasing issues, it is certainly not a customer friendly experience.

I wanted to purchase it (I have some completist tendencies [right @Matthew Sorrels?]) but IK has not made it easy - now support has told me I can't use Jam points to do so.

There was an issue where folks with a free version (choice from the group buy, etc) were not seeing the proper upgrade path/pricing so our IT department implemented a temporary fix using an automatically-applied coupon.  Unfortunately those cannot be combined with JamPoints but the support team should be able to manually process an order until the permanent fix is in place.  I have relayed your ticket to our Support Manager to see what happened there.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i still don't get the wording. all these new features you already have if you have ST4 and you install Syntronic 2 CS, right ? The dual engine is in Syntronic 2 CS right? So you get all these if you have ST4 and Syntronic 2 CS installed, right?

 

  • New presets use the updated SampleTank 4* engine
  • All legacy presets and samples included sound identical to Syntronik 1 with our dual-engine architecture

  • New EDIT panel with modulation matrix offers deep editing beyond the capabilities of the original hardware synths
  • All synths work as libraries inside SampleTank 4 alongside SampleTron 2, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Cinekinetik, Electromagnetik, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a minor issue I have not seen addressed before. I had no problems with installation and authorization. But the Syntronik 2 instruments (presets) are not showing up in ST4. The new libraries are there, but when I click on any of the new libraries, no instruments are displayed. Note that I only have Syntronik 2 CS installed. I also have ST4 4.1.5 installed. Anyone else see this? Here is a screen shot with Triptych selected. It is supposed to have one preset in CS.

image.thumb.png.f1440fb0bb8065f233a0ca433763b62b.png

Update: I did a Rescan All in ST4 and that fixed my problem. Seems like the first rescan after installing Syntronik2 CS had an issue.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I have a minor issue I have not seen addressed before. I had no problems with installation and authorization. But the Syntronik 2 instruments (presets) are not showing up in ST4. The new libraries are there, but when I click on any of the new libraries, no instruments are displayed. Note that I only have Syntronik 2 CS installed. I also have ST4 4.1.5 installed. Anyone else see this? Here is a screen shot with Triptych selected. It is supposed to have one preset in CS.

 

Update: I did a Rescan All in ST4 and that fixed my problem. Seems like the first rescan after installing Syntronik2 CS had an issue.

Confirming ... I experienced the same issue and applied the same fix after installing Syntronik 2 CS. The first SampleTank 4 (ST4) rescan after installing failed to find the new presets. After reopening  ST4,  rescanning  fixed the issue.  I have Syntronik 1 Deluxe and installed Syntronik 2 CS only.

Edited by Tom B
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i still don't get the wording. all these new features you already have if you have ST4 and you install Syntronic 2 CS, right ? The dual engine is in Syntronic 2 CS right? So you get all these if you have ST4 and Syntronic 2 CS installed, right?

 

  • New presets use the updated SampleTank 4* engine
  • All legacy presets and samples included sound identical to Syntronik 1 with our dual-engine architecture

  • New EDIT panel with modulation matrix offers deep editing beyond the capabilities of the original hardware synths
  • All synths work as libraries inside SampleTank 4 alongside SampleTron 2, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Cinekinetik, Electromagnetik, etc.

That sounds about right, but with one clarification.

  • Quote

    New EDIT panel with modulation matrix offers deep editing beyond the capabilities of the original hardware synths

    The new EDIT panel is in the Syntronik 2 application UI (i.e., the new oscillator wave sets), not SampleTank 4. But apparently since the Syntronik 2 presets use the SampleTank 4 engine, they will appear as ST4 presets in the ST4 Editor. It's a bit different than the Syntronik 2 Editor, but you can access the mod matrix using ST4, just not the wave sets.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to install Syntronik 2 on my offline PC where I have already Syntronik 1 and the sounds installed. I managed to install and authorize Syntronik 2 CS, but the synth sounds are all unauthorized, but they are in Syntronik 1!

Lately I had also an issue to install Orchestral Percussion. I have no sound download link for that in my account and thus no idea how to install it (offline!). I am waiting now for a support response since the 25 november.

More and more I am done with IK and such giants that make installation and authorization so troublesome! It's really a waiste of life time! "Musicians first" is absolutely an irony! 👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read the whole thread twice and still don't get it how is Syntronik 2 CS suppose to host v1 instruments (I own Deluxe) cause many here are reporting that they do sound different in both versions...?

Another question: I own Syntronik 1 Deluxe but I didn't install anything yet. Now since the release of v2, should I install Syntronik 1+all the sounds first, then install Syntronik 2 CS on top? Or install just all my sounds from Syntronik 1 then install Syntronik 2 on top? Or just install v2 and forget anything Syntronik 1?  Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...