I'm So Tired

Shane_B.

I have been working non-stop 7 days a week since I started healing up from my slices around March. I am truly so tired. I'm getting too old for this shtuff. I have 29 days to finish a huge project I'm in the middle of otherwise I'll be sleeping on the floor when company comes for turkey day.

5 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I have 29 days to finish a huge project I'm in the middle of otherwise I'll be sleeping on the floor when company comes for turkey day.

Easily solved... tell the company that if they come, they'll be sleeping on the floor. They'll either accept that or not come which means more turkey for you....

Win/Win.

😀

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Easily solved... tell the company that if they come, they'll be sleeping on the floor. They'll either accept that or not come which means more turkey for you....

Win/Win.

😀

Paulo, Paulo...  I keep telling you that sometimes it's not nice to show people who the real turkey is! 😆

Edited by craigb

Hey Shane,  was testing out my elec/acoustic Yamaha AC3R lately after not playing it for a few years,  heard how good the onboard SRT2 system is.

IMO it's superior to what I've heard online from the Fender Acoustosonic, the Yamaha can sound like a real mic'd guitar while the Fender sounded a lot like a piezo pickup.

I noticed yesterday mostly when pressing the 'focus' button, it really sounded like a mic'd guitar.

Don't get exited as they don't have a lefty, but am I mad thinking one could quite simply make an acoustic a lefty ?  (you'd have the control panel for the electronics on the bottom though...dunno if that's a showstopper).

The SRT2 system is the one you need I'd say...Yamaha's come in western and concert body's.

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

I keep recalling this scene from Blazing Saddles

I had such a massive crush on her when I was a kid. I remember her HBO special in the 80's. I must have watched it 6,000 times. There was a period of time back then when the FCC made them unscramble their signal and everybody got it for free for quite a while. If memory serves me that's how it went down. At any rate, most people didn't know about it unless you had one of those new fancy TV's with a built in cable box and you tuned to it by accident. There was just something about here.

Side note ... Mel's working on History Of The World Part 2 now. He's gotta be near 100.

3 hours ago, Sheens said:

Hey Shane,  was testing out my elec/acoustic Yamaha AC3R lately after not playing it for a few years,  heard how good the onboard SRT2 system is.

IMO it's superior to what I've heard online from the Fender Acoustosonic, the Yamaha can sound like a real mic'd guitar while the Fender sounded a lot like a piezo pickup.

I noticed yesterday mostly when pressing the 'focus' button, it really sounded like a mic'd guitar.

Don't get exited as they don't have a lefty, but am I mad thinking one could quite simply make an acoustic a lefty ?  (you'd have the control panel for the electronics on the bottom though...dunno if that's a showstopper).

The SRT2 system is the one you need I'd say...Yamaha's come in western and concert body's.

I'll have to look in to that. I've asked about doing that on another guitar and was told it can't be done. I know what you mean about the piezo sound on the Fender. My MIM Martin 000 has the same sound when going DI. I just kill the high end to keep it under control.

sorry, also forgot that they are cutaways, so that'd look funny upside down.

If I'd be rich would get ye just the SRT2 electrics from a Yamaha dealer and have it mounted in a nice western guitar from a guitar builder.

Edited by Sheens

11 hours ago, Sheens said:

sorry, also forgot that they are cutaways, so that'd look funny upside down.

If I'd be rich would get ye just the SRT2 electrics from a Yamaha dealer and have it mounted in a nice western guitar from a guitar builder.

I guess I could take a crack at the old school way again. This guy has a good video on recording acoustic but he leaves out the problem of the room. I can hear his room a lot in his video and I don't like it at all. But he makes adjusting the mic positions look really easy. He's got a lot of really good video's. He did one on the Acoustisonic and he liked it. He must have got one that worked. LOL! Sorry. 😁

• Like 1