Instacomposer Midi Drag and Drop

Ted Haber

1 hour ago, Ted Haber said:

In InstaComposer I can create an 8-bar melody but when I drag it into my DAW (Studio One 5.4) the 8 bar melody gets compressed into just 2 bars.   Is this a bug or am I missing a setting or something. 

Thanks

Ted

Screenshot 2021-10-19 141848.jpg

Those numbers is not bars. It's more like beats.

Maybe you could continue by starting a new thread in the instrument&effects forum?

• Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Ted Haber  You do realise this is CAKEWALK by BANDLAB DAW forum and not Studio One???

In CW the drag and drop works just fine

The Deals forum is actually a sub forum of the Coffee House forum which has this preamble:

This is an inclusive discussion area, intended to promote music-related discussions that do not pertain specifically to Cakewalk software. Users of all experience levels and backgrounds can ask questions and share knowledge. By making your posts music-related, you help preserve the quality of these discussions.

So @Ted Haber 's question is fine. Except that it is not really a deal so might have been better for Ted to post it in the Coffee House forum itself. But because the InstaComposer deal was posted here, more people might look at Ted's message. We are pretty fluid with the rules here, I think.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

See my response above.

Yeah, except for the fact the post has nothing to do with a deal and started a thread about it, instead of a comment related to the actual instacomposer deal thread that is alive and well.  

We bring out the pitch forks for duplicate deal threads, this kind of thread shouldn't be encouraged in this area - but respectivly moved elsewhere.

While it is a sub forum under the Coffee House, many of us have complained about that status and placement.  King Larry and his loyal followers should have their own section.

Edited by Brian Walton

On 10/19/2021 at 4:19 PM, Ted Haber said:

In InstaComposer I can create an 8-bar melody but when I drag it into my DAW (Studio One 5.4) the 8 bar melody gets compressed into just 2 bars.   Is this a bug or am I missing a setting or something. 

Thanks

Ted

Screenshot 2021-10-19 141848.jpg

Why don't you ask on The studio One forums?

• Great Idea 1

59 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, except for the fact the post has nothing to do with a deal and started a thread about it, instead of a comment related to the actual instacomposer deal thread that is alive and well.  

We bring out the pitch forks for duplicate deal threads, this kind of thread shouldn't be encouraged in this area - but respectivly moved elsewhere.

While it is a sub forum under the Coffee House, many of us have complained about that status and placement.  King Larry and his loyal followers should have their own section.

Well...looking at the first page of the Deals forum, King Larry himself posted about Pink Floyd - The Reunion, there is a first looks post, a couple of software update announcements, and a couple of other posts that have nothing  to do with deals. Like I said, things are pretty fluid around here.

• Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The Deals forum is actually a sub forum of the Coffee House forum which has this preamble:

This is an inclusive discussion area, intended to promote music-related discussions that do not pertain specifically to Cakewalk software. Users of all experience levels and backgrounds can ask questions and share knowledge. By making your posts music-related, you help preserve the quality of these discussions.

So @Ted Haber 's question is fine. Except that it is not really a deal so might have been better for Ted to post it in the Coffee House forum itself. But because the InstaComposer deal was posted here, more people might look at Ted's message. We are pretty fluid with the rules here, I think.

Ok all that being said. Teds Q was specifically about Presonus Studio 1 DAW. The best place for such a Q .. purely to gain more response from actual Studio 1 users .. is surely over at a Studio 1 forum? Unless we have a huge Studio 1 userbase here?

Asking here in a subset section of another DAWs forum definitely guarantees a far lower Studio 1 userbase seeing the question?

BTW I dont see any preamble for the deals sub section? I do see one for the Coffee House section:

I am assuming and maybe wrong that Music related for Coffee house is about Music in general rather than troubleshooting specific software? 

Edited by aidan o driscoll

I use Studio One and Cakewalk, but not Instacomposer. So I'm not able to help with the Studio One issue here. I would agree with the suggestion to try the Studio One forum for more relevant user feedback.

If the drag and drop works in Cakewalk and other DAWs, then it very well may be an incompatibility with Studio One.

4 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Ok all that being said. Teds Q was specifically about Presonus Studio 1 DAW. The best place for such a Q .. purely to gain more response from actual Studio 1 users .. is surely over at a Studio 1 forum? Unless we have a huge Studio 1 userbase here?

Asking here in a subset section of another DAWs forum definitely guarantees a far lower Studio 1 userbase seeing the question?

BTW I don't see any preamble for the deals sub section? I do see one for the Coffee House section:polite

I am assuming and maybe wrong that Music related for Coffee house is about Music in general rather than troubleshooting specific software? 

I agree with this completely. Ted's question would have had a better chance of getting answered in a S1 specific forum or the InstaComposer thread.  

I assumed that because the Deals forum was a sub forum  of the Coffee House forum, that the CH forum rules applied to the Deals forum as well. What I reacted to initially was the idea that because Ted question did not relate to specifically to Cakewalk, it did not belong here. I would have been fine if people had said that Ted would be better served asking his question in the InstaComposer thread or an S1 forum.

The point is, I appreciate the community here. I appreciate the fact that for the most part that people are much more forgiving and willing to go with the flow rather than be sticklers for rules. I actually enjoy the off topic threads in the Deals forum. Think of what we would loose if we started enforcing the rules and made the Deals forum only about deals.

Put it to you this way @Doug Rintoul .. I really dont mind in general what is asked BUT in this case it was very specifically a Q about something not working in STUDIO 1 .. completely unrelated to Cakewalk which is what these forums are generally about ( by that I mean its Cakewalk Forums ), so unless some here also use Studio 1 AND Insta composer then his Q was never going to be answered

So I am having an issue with the woocommerce plugin in Wordpress .. I cannot figure out how to sort a multi size garment product :D

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Great Idea 1

7 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

completely unrelated to Cakewalk which is what these forums are generally about

Wrong. The Deals forum and Coffee House forum have never been exclusively about Cakewalk, just music related. And the only rules are no personal attacks, no politics, no religion. That's it!

However, the rest of the forums are for Cakewalk topics only.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Put it to you this way @Doug Rintoul .. I really dont mind in general what is asked BUT in this case it was very specifically a Q about something not working in STUDIO 1 .. completely unrelated to Cakewalk which is what these forums are generally about, so unless some here also use Studio 1 AND Insta composer then his Q was never going to be answered

So I am having an issue with the woocommerce plugin in Wordpress .. I cannot figure out how to sort a multi size garment product :D

I actually think you will find there are more non-Cakewalk users in the Deals forum than CW users.

I know your woocommerce comment was meant as a joke, but it is not like Ted's question was completely out of the blue.

Anyway, I have said my piece. Have at 'er.

Peace out.

• Like 1

If this helps:

I am a CW user.

I am a SO5 user.

I am a Instacomposer user.

It's good info to know that a feature of InstaComposer works in CW but not SO.

So there is some redeeming value in this thread. 

As far as should Ted have asked this question in the SO forums and not here, he may have felt more at ease here. Once he found out that it wasn't a common problem with all users,  just SO users, he may have gone to that site at that time.

We kinda easy going around here. It's all cool.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

BTW I dont see any preamble for the deals sub section? I do see one for the Coffee House section:

Does everything have to be spelled out? Its the "deals" subforum. Its labeled as such. It should be quite obvious that the focus is on "deals" and that other topics are more appropriately handled in other sections. Or in this case, other forums entirely. 

I get thread drift. It happens. Any good conversation among friends and/ or colleagues naturally tends to wander.

But sheesh, how much help do you think I could expect if I ask a question about an issue I'm having with my new rifle scope in a forum dedicated to raising chickens?

• Haha 1