Mickey Monster

cakewalk and Roland A300 pro midi controller

Ok I downloaded the contol surface plug in.  Abacab, can you re redirect me to your original posting 4 years ago. Its no longer in this thread. Nothing has changed. I'm wiling to manually assign each bank rotary fader transport and pad to the parameters I want to control ( pan, track volume, rewind beginning last marker next marker stop play pause record, track volume. downloading the control surface plug in had no effect. Even in act mode. Ad its a dll file, not an exe file. I need more detailed instructions.

11 minutes ago, Mickey Monster said:

Ok I downloaded the contol surface plug in.  Abacab, can you re redirect me to your original posting 4 years ago. Its no longer in this thread. Nothing has changed. I'm wiling to manually assign each bank rotary fader transport and pad to the parameters I want to control ( pan, track volume, rewind beginning last marker next marker stop play pause record, track volume. downloading the control surface plug in had no effect. Even in act mode. Ad its a dll file, not an exe file. I need more detailed instructions.

still no DAW control. ACT doesnt work. Contol survace plug in doest work. Only thing I can do is use it as a keyboard not a control surface. Lets all find a way to individually assign parameters . 

On 10/13/2021 at 10:49 PM, Mickey Monster said:

You probably need to register it:
1. Make sure you copy the DLL to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces
2. Right click on the DLL and select properties and unblock it if necessary
3. Run cmd as administrator ( for this, I normally create a shortcut on the desktop pointing to cmd.exe  then right click->Run As Administrator).
4. Type the following:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\APRO.dll"

4 hours ago, Mickey Monster said:

still no DAW control. ACT doesnt work. Contol survace plug in doest work. Only thing I can do is use it as a keyboard not a control surface. Lets all find a way to individually assign parameters . 

Are you using the correct MIDI ports?  There should be an additional pair of MIDI ports for the DAW control part, which is separate from the normal keyboard MIDI ports.

And your Midi Devices should look something like this - I have found it tricky to get everything working properly but this seems to work for me

Screenshot 2021-10-16 000716.jpg

I lost track of this thread a few pages ago. But was it ever mentioned o make sure to use MME midi mode with most legacy devices?