Inserting "Track Template" into Track Folder?

Syphus

Hello all

I was trying to find if it was possible it insert a track template directly into a folder.  Currently I only know adding a track template and then adding it to a folder as two separate actions.

I know that you can "insert a track" into a folder (audio or midi) by selecting a track within a folder and "Right clicking" to do the insert (or add).   I looked around and did not see any documentation for this type of action (using a "insert track template").

I did discover that if you wanted the same type of track (such as Guitar using a instrument such as Amplitube), you can select a track within the folder and do a "Duplicate Track" and that will insert into the folder.

So how do I insert a track template directly into a folder?  Perhaps I missed something . . .

Syphus

Hi Syphus,

I don't have the solution, but it appears that it should be doable by the context menu (right-click/pop-up).  You can insert a Track template in between tracks within a Folder, but the track template will not be "in" the folder (just in sequence with the other tracks already in the folder).  Seems this is either a bug or a feature request. 

Kind regards,

tecknot

insert tt in folder.png

collapsed folder.png

6 hours ago, tecknot said:

I don't have the solution, but it appears that it should be doable by the context menu (right-click/pop-up).  You can insert a Track template in between tracks within a Folder, but the track template will not be "in" the folder (just in sequence with the other tracks already in the folder).  Seems this is either a bug or a feature request. 

Thanks, but found that also . . . Not exactly what I was looking for . . .   Perhaps what I want to do is not possible.  I think it should be

Syphus

Edited by Syphus

7 hours ago, John Vere said:

You create the track layout you want including it being in a folder and you save that as a template. 

That works for creating the folder with the set up you create (to start with), but it is not what I am looking for.  But since you mentioned it, perhaps I can do that and load several tracks for working to start an idea.   I usually have several going (tracks) before I get to the "one"  I think I will try that  . . .

Unfortunately, this is not solution that I am seeking.

Thanks,

Syphus

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Syphus - until we support sub-folders, this won't be possible as track templates could themselves contain folders .

In the meantime you'll need insert the track template as normal, then move the tracks into a folder manually.

@msmcleod if you mean "folders within folders", that is not what I am referring to -  I think one should be able to select a track within a folder, then insert a track template.  If you are saying the supporting "sub-folders" would allow this - then cool.  Otherwise, I think that being able to "insert"  a track template would be very useful.

I know there are ways to do it - I'm thinking that having this function would be nice (unless it is big rewrite of code).  Currently you insert the track template, then move to the folder (two steps vs one).

[EDIT] - I re-read your post and I now understand what you are saying (I have tunnel vision sometimes) - inserting a track template with (or using folders) would not work in the current build.  But I hope I clarified what I was looking for . . .  Hope to see it in the future . . .

Thanks,

Syphus

Edited by Syphus