is there Tuner?

Radim Kolář

Is there built in tuner in cakewalk? Don't you think it will be handy (if not implemented yet) to add it to Views -> Tuner ? I would like to have good and tested "reference tuner" to test my instruments and other tuners.

I don't trust digital tuners much if there is rich sound they might display wrong information. So i would like to have another tuner which can measure  and play notes. Because we have spectrum analysers in EQ so I guess all necessary engine for making tuner is already programmed in.

Get a strobe tuner for your phone like the Peterson iStrobesoft unless you need it in Cakewalk directly for some reason. It will also allow you to do slight cent offset tuning that is nice on guitars in some situations. It will accurately read down to cents. There are adapters available to plug directly into the phone if necessary. 

Or spring for an external strobe unit.

Edited by Terry Kelley

I didn't know about strobe tuners. There is a video explaining them. He is right, digital tuners lags and it takes a while to lock digital tuner to a note. I dont trust them much, thats why I wanted to have tuner in cakewalk, something tested by people with good audio skills.