Sound Problems

bluevationer

I'm using a Presonus  Audiobox-usb interface in Cakewalk on a Windows 10 computer.   While recording everything's worked  perfectly for a couple of years now but about a week ago something strange started happening with my sound and I can't work out why. 

If I record to a mono track in Cakewalk with it panned by default to the center I get no sound from my speakers or head phones when I play it back.  If I turn the pan dial either left or right I get sound coming from both sides equally.  When streaming music online  to get sound I have to go into the windows settings and balance the speakers with one side at about 100% and the other side about 25%-0%?   The same goes for playing previously mixed down  tracks on my pc.  The vocal on one track in particular sounded like it was under water and barely audible  until I adjusted the speaker balance to the above mentioned setting?   Once again this is something that started happening about a week ago.  Before that I've never had a problem with my sound.

I've updated both the Windows sound drivers and the audibox -usb interface drivers but still can't resolve this issue.   

I'm interested to know if anyone here has had a similar problem and any help or suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.  I realize this is probably not a Cakewalk problem but not being too bright when it comes to technical stuff I was hoping there's a simple fix  that I may have missed while troubleshooting that will get me back recording again.  I love Cakewalk by Bandlab, the best DAW by far in my opinion.    

Edited by bluevationer