IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

@Peter - IK Multimedia The IK website stinks to high heaven. 

I know it's my own fault for not remembering to check what was in ST4MAX, but I ended up buying one item I didn't own (and picked 3 items 2 of which I already owned). 

I bought L.A. Confidential, which I did not own. And then in my promotions area I picked Alternate Keys. But why did it allow me to pick Cinematic Perc and Orchestral Perc when they are already part of ST4MAX?

@Bapu Sorry to hear you feel that way.  One is able to choose something that is in a bundle  they already have because you are also likely able to transfer that bundle, and in general you are able to purchase additional licenses for specific products you already have (some folks need to run things simultaneously or on more than the allotted number of installs per the EULA, etc).  If you made a choice inadvertently and no longer want that to be among your choices, I'm sure IK Support can assist.  Thank you.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

@Bapu because you are also likely able to transfer that bundle

I do not want to ever transfer my bundle.

But I do at least see the reasoning behind the choices that are made available.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

I agree that ownership is a mess, and IK could probably make that more user friendly!!!

So I probably had to spend a couple of hours trolling through what I did and didn't have last night. Big waste of time if you ask me!!! 🤪

• Great Idea 1

Since we are complaining about stuff.  I got Amplitube Leslie as one of my freebies.  IK offers a Leslie collection for $179 which technically is under $199 tier if it was offered in GB.    For group buy they offer amplitude Leslie separate from tracks Leslie. I guess if there are enough freebies it’s a non issue but having to use up two when a bundle at regular price exists would have been nice. This is also a reason I’m not looking at Cinekinetik because you have to waste four picks when there is a bundle for $149 that includes all four.  Again if there are tons of freebies I guess it’s a non issue but seems a waste to get a bunch of little ones at $49 when bundle could have been offered for higher tiers.

6 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Since we are complaining about stuff.  I got Amplitube Leslie as one of my freebies.  IK offers a Leslie collection for $179 which technically is under $199 tier if it was offered in GB.    For group buy they offer amplitude Leslie separate from tracks Leslie. I guess if there are enough freebies it’s a non issue but having to use up two when a bundle at regular price exists would have been nice. This is also a reason I’m not looking at Cinekinetik because you have to waste four picks when there is a bundle for $149 that includes all four.  Again if there are tons of freebies I guess it’s a non issue but seems a waste to get a bunch of little ones at $49 when bundle could have been offered for higher tiers.

Yep...I already chimed in about that....BOOOOOOO

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Yep...I already chimed in about that....BOOOOOOO

Apparently reading first paragraph and only first sentence of each new paragraph to try to quickly do your homework before first period doesn’t work in forums hahah.   Had I read about this earlier I would’ve been less frustrated heheh

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Apparently reading first paragraph and only first sentence of each new paragraph to try to quickly do your homework before first period doesn’t work in forums hahah.   Had I read about this earlier I would’ve been less frustrated heheh

Somebody needs to do a Coles Notes (Cliff Notes for non-Canadians) of these long threads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Bapu I hope that the nice people at IK support can solve your request!

There are a few tools for producing a list of VSTs on a machine. I often have to check, to avoid buying duplicates (and kick myself when I'm too lazy to check and I still buy an occasional duplicate)

I like one that was posted in this forum and generates an excel file (link below), Cubase also has another one, etc.,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1