Jump to content
cclarry

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jacques Boileau said:

Is that your last offer? 🧐

Can I call my lifeline?

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mibby said:

That's a great point!  If it ever arrives, maybe I'll contribute to The Bump!

I bought mine 4 weeks ago on 8/30.  I'm in the U.S and still waiting...

Perhaps email support, telling this. Then they might be able to get you the serial number for registration before the kit arrives. 

They were quick to get back regarding the T-Racks DeLuxe you made me aware of.

Best of luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone's interested in a more "holistic" view of where we're at in the plod toward 20k, here's a picture of the absolute nerdiest way I've looked at the September data:

image.thumb.png.1c441481117e1fae3b67a3ba89d3afe3.png

It's sort of a poor man's probability map. The rows represent 12-hour intervals from midnight on 9/1 to midnight today, and the columns are rates -- from 6/hour to 24/hour. The grid itself shows the projected total, given the count at each time point (e.g., 10537 at the top, or 18132 at the bottom), if the signups average each rate for the rest of the way. Each color represents values within intervals of 1000 -- the light green is 18k, medium red is 19k, medium yellow is 20k, etc.

I've put a little box around the range where the September count has been -- from around 9/hour to 14/hour. If that rate doesn't change, there's a good chance the count will hit 19k (i.e., most of the values in the bottom row are colored red for 19k), but not 20k. 

Right now, reaching 20k would take an average of at least 20/hour. If the rate falls back to 9/hour or less, the count is in danger of falling short of 19k. Anything outside those possibilities is currently literally off the map -- or outside the 6/hr - 24/hr range shown here, anyway.

It's interesting (to me, at least) that a 14/hour average -- the last column within the box -- would have been enough to reach 20k until just a few days ago. The rate hasn't changed so much since then (other than not being "bumped" for a while), but those yellow 20k squares have been veering off to the right of the chart of late. It'll be pretty cool if they get dragged back in the eight time windows left.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know what I love most about this IK Group Buy, the actual group buy or Zolton’s graphics. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: If a product like MODO DRUM Crossgrade normally sells for $199.99 but currently is priced at $149.99 (due to a $50 promo code), which price is used for "qualifying products of equal or lesser value" ($199.99 or $149.99)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, locrian said:

Question: If a product like MODO DRUM Crossgrade normally sells for $199.99 but currently is priced at $149.99 (due to a $50 promo code), which price is used for "qualifying products of equal or lesser value" ($199.99 or $149.99)?

$199.99 … it’s the retail price of the SKU.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ALC said:

$199.99 … it’s the retail price of the SKU.

I was hoping to be able to use JamPoints with the promo, but that doesn't seem possible.  I guess it's one or the other.  Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chris.r said:

Larry's next 😆, and soon we'll get to Peter!

Question to those who have B-3X already installed. Please check if you can draw some crescendos and decrescendos as MIDI CC#11 events (in controller pane in the PRV, in Cakewalk) over some notes then export audio (or just freeze), and see if the volume changes are smooth in rendered audio? I'm getting erratic volume jumps instead of crescendos which renders the B-3X useless in Cakewalk for me. If I'm not alone this needs to be fixed asap.

I realize this should go into different place in the forum but why not use just any reason for bumping the thread, right? :D 

Happy to lose this one, let's get it there!  Put me on the dunk tank, take your best shot (well, we need 1,728 of them).

About your issue, if others don't chime in and if you have not already done so I'm sure support can assist, that seems like something they could try to recreate and further identify (or if it is something known that they can help with for you directly without an update, even better!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

They are not counted until received and registered.  Unfortunately that's the way it works with any hardware-related purchases.

I just got this back from TS:

Quote

Hello mike,

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

We are currently back ordered on the ARC System 3 MEMs Microphones but will be receiving new units in soon.

You will be notified via email once your order has been shipped!

Additionally, rest assured you will still be able to partake in the current Group Buy Promotion.

@Peter - IK Multimedia Should I ask for a serial number while they get the MEMS mic backorder situation sorted out so I count towards this GB? I wonder how many of us have been waiting for ARC 3 mics?

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia


I know you've been kind enough to help some folks out here when able 


I have seen a few posts about the Group Buy Promotion choices that are 'greyed out' or unable to be chosen. I also saw it suggested in such as situation to submit a support ticket and you could get that fixed.

 
So I did that and the response was - it is intentional so you do not select products you already have - the PROBLEM is there are a BUNCH of selections that I do already own that are available to select (NOT 'greyed out') - and only SOME (the ones I'd like to select) that are unavailable.

 
I haven't seen it stated anywhere that your 'free choices' were limited to only certain products based on your individual account. If it is listed on the Group Buy page as an available choice seems reasonable to expect I could select anything from that list. Currently I am not able to do this. 

If there is anything you could do to help it would be greatly appreciated.

 

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chris.r said:

I'm getting erratic volume jumps instead of crescendos which renders the B-3X useless in Cakewalk for me. If I'm not alone this needs to be fixed asap.

I am getting some weird behaviour out of dragging midi loops from MODO Drums into CWB. I wonder if this is related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

They are not counted until received and registered

Well we should get a little "surge" there at the end. Maybe that's a Plus!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, better5150 said:

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia


I know you've been kind enough to help some folks out here when able 


I have seen a few posts about the Group Buy Promotion choices that are 'greyed out' or unable to be chosen. I also saw it suggested in such as situation to submit a support ticket and you could get that fixed.

 
So I did that and the response was - it is intentional so you do not select products you already have - the PROBLEM is there are a BUNCH of selections that I do already own that are available to select (NOT 'greyed out') - and only SOME (the ones I'd like to select) that are unavailable.

 
I haven't seen it stated anywhere that your 'free choices' were limited to only certain products based on your individual account. If it is listed on the Group Buy page as an available choice seems reasonable to expect I could select anything from that list. Currently I am not able to do this. 

If there is anything you could do to help it would be greatly appreciated.

 

 
 

Usually the things you can choose are in bundles or similar.  Any single purchases that you currently have are not going to be able to be chosen because more people would choose them by mistake than would knowingly get another license.  At this time you'd need to transfer your existing item in order to be able to choose it.

37 minutes ago, mibby said:

I just got this back from TS:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Should I ask for a serial number while they get the MEMS mic backorder situation sorted out so I count towards this GB? I wonder how many of us have been waiting for ARC 3 mics?

That would require opening boxes and if items are backordered that could get messy.  However we've been receiving MEMS microphones and shipping out orders and will continue to so this shouldn't be an issue for long.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Well we should get a little "surge" there at the end. Maybe that's a Plus!

There really aren't a huge amount, though, the vast majority were software entries.  It certainly won't put us too much further toward the goal unfortunately.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It certainly won't put us too much further toward the goal

I missed my opportunity for a charter membership in Procrastinators Unanimous.
But I remain an Eternal Optimist!

t

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Usually the things you can choose are in bundles or similar.  Any single purchases that you currently have are not going to be able to be chosen because more people would choose them by mistake than would knowingly get another license.  At this time you'd need to transfer your existing item in order to be able to choose it.

 


 

A sincere Thank You to  @Peter - IK Multimedia for responding to my question - 


And Not to shoot the messenger or attack you personally - but for IK Multimedia the company - that is ridiculous and is NOT specified ANYWHERE! That really is ridiculous! Had that been specified prior to the Group Buy ANYWHERE - there is no way I would have participated to the level I have.


I am now stuck with a bunch of useless (to me) 'free' promotional selections. 


This really does punish long time customers who already owned several products.


ccLary has long been critical of the company - I have to say he was clearly correct all along. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...