IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Peter, I have AT4 MAX. And my AT4 collection runs fine in AT5 CS.

Is there any advantage to AT5 vs AT4 regarding the bass amps (i.e. the Ampeg)?

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The cabinets would also have the new VIR technology using AT5 SE or 5, and the bass amps would also have the updated impedance improvements.

... and access to the mixer section which you have lost from AT4 going to AT5CS.

8 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

If you want thee Bass aka rear-end you have to come up with the  dough 🤣

I have the Ampeg stuff in AT4 Max, plus the Gallien Kruger from Audiffex, that both work well,  so show me the reason to upgrade, LOL!!!

54 minutes ago, abacab said:

AT5 MAX is priced to the extreme for someone who is interested in a bass only package. Sorry.

I agree. But in your case, buying AT5SE brings all the new feature and ALL the amps you already have with AT4MAX into the new environment. Your amps are upgraded and your cabinet are also upgraded. AT5SE is a little over a third of the price of AT5MAX. IIRC, AT5SE was especially created for those who have all they need gear wise in AT4 and want to bring everything into the 5 environment. So the path for AT4MAX owner is more AT4MAX to AT5SE or AT5 if you want the new amps in there.

To me the user interface of 5 is a big step ahead of 4. I also use AT5CS like you and have bought AT4 (not max) plus a few collections including both SVX in the past. I am a guitar player but use the SVX stuff for my band's bass player tracks. I would love to tell you that it's worth it to go to AT5SE but haven't jumped yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I have the Ampeg stuff in AT4 Max, plus the Gallien Kruger from Audiffex, that both work well,  so show me the reason to upgrade, LOL!!!

FWIW.. I use both AT 4 and AT 5. I upgraded about a year ago. I find the GUI and usability in AT 5 was worth the upgrade. It also does sound very different and more "modern" (to me anyways) if thats what  you are looking for.

• Like 1

Any recommendations from among these? All the demos sound great, but any of them stand out as even better (more versatile, more extensive) than the rest?

AmpliTube Brian May
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary
AmpliTube Joe Satriani
AmpliTube Leslie
AmpliTube MESA/Boogie
AmpliTube Orange
AmpliTube Slash
Fender Collection
Fender Collection 2

3 hours ago, fpoir said:

Any recommendations from among these? All the demos sound great, but any of them stand out as even better (more versatile, more extensive) than the rest?

Many of us, having long been victimized by IK's pop-ups alerting us about the stuff we don't own, have all of them. Not to play them, just to keep our sanity. 

giphy.gif

Past that, there's good bits in everything on your list. If you like Fender amps, the Fender collections are a must. Not necessarily better than the competition (e.g. I prefer PA's, and especially Fuse's, bassman; S-Gear's amps are at least on par, etc.) but solid throughout. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, fpoir said:

AmpliTube Brian May
AmpliTube Joe Satriani
AmpliTube Leslie
AmpliTube MESA/Boogie
AmpliTube Orange
AmpliTube Slash
Fender Collection
Fender Collection 2

It all depends what sound you go for. I use Leslie a lot.. but also Mesa, Orange and Fender 2.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fpoir said:

AmpliTube Brian May
AmpliTube Joe Satriani
AmpliTube Leslie
AmpliTube MESA/Boogie
AmpliTube Orange
AmpliTube Slash
Fender Collection
Fender Collection 2

I don't have the May collection, but I did buy the AC30 its based on; meh

Randall Smith?, not a big fan (anyone who tries to patent circuitry that's been in the public domain for decades is a parasite)
never played a Mesa I felt I could live without. (Now Rivera's that a different story, but I digress)

What's an Orange amp sound like? I would hazard a guess you don't know any better than I do.
Korg bought the name I think?, someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure...
(a guy wanted me to build him a cross between an Orange and an Ampeg; how would I know what that would sound like, why am I asking you?...)

Slash is built on the Silver Jubilee; right? I'm more a "Plexi" guy but the Jubilee and the 2210's are great amps.
(I'll pass on the 900 series, I know guys like 'em. Mostly those who never have "ridden" a good "Plexi" me thinks...)

flame away folks, I let it "hang" out there, I got broad shoulders and opinions to match I guess

t

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I agree. But in your case, buying AT5SE brings all the new feature and ALL the amps you already have with AT4MAX into the new environment. Your amps are upgraded and your cabinet are also upgraded. AT5SE is a little over a third of the price of AT5MAX. IIRC, AT5SE was especially created for those who have all they need gear wise in AT4 and want to bring everything into the 5 environment. So the path for AT4MAX owner is more AT4MAX to AT5SE or AT5 if you want the new amps in there.

To me the user interface of 5 is a big step ahead of 4. I also use AT5CS like you and have bought AT4 (not max) plus a few collections including both SVX in the past. I am a guitar player but use the SVX stuff for my band's bass player tracks. I would love to tell you that it's worth it to go to AT5SE but haven't jumped yet.

Thanks for the info! I'm not a guitar player, and only own AT4 MAX because IK decided to give it to me for free in the Total Studio MAX bundle last year. :)

So I would only be using Amplitube to shape the tone of a virtual bass with a decent virtual amp and cabinet, which isn't that difficult compared to guitars and all the required effects and stomps. I have a real Fender P-Bass and a small Fender combo amp, so I have a modest idea of what to shoot for in the virtual bass domain. Much easier than trying to keep the real thing in tune, LOL.

My AT4 MAX gear all came across to AT5 CS just fine, and I do like the new interface better! I have even tried some guitar amps on a few virtual guitars plugins, and they sound cool, but I have no idea how to play them like a real guitarist... 🤪

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I don't have the May collection, but I did buy the AC30 its based on; meh

Randall Smith?, not a big fan (anyone who tries to patent circuitry that's been in the public domain for decades is a parasite)
never played a Mesa I felt I could live without. (Now Rivera's that a different story, but I digress)

What's an Orange amp sound like? I would hazard a guess you don't know any better than I do.
Korg bought the name I think?, someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure...
(a guy wanted me to build him a cross between an Orange and an Ampeg; how would I know what that would sound like, why am I asking you?...)

Slash is built on the Silver Jubilee; right? I'm more a "Plexi" guy but the Jubilee and the 2210's are great amps.
(I'll pass on the 900 series, I know guys like 'em. Mostly those who never have "ridden" a good "Plexi" me thinks...)

flame away folks, I let it "hang" out there, I got broad shoulders and opinions to match I guess

t

the May collection was a good buy.  The treble booster is really useful. One of my most used now. 

I just finished testing Satriani.  Lots of the usual stuff you would expect in that collection. But I find the rockman really cool. Nothing like it my tool chest. I have a feeling I will use it a lot. 

I posted a thing I just played around with on my SC page in case anyone curious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

May collection was a good buy.  The treble booster is really useful. One of my most used now.

Depending on how many "goodies" the buy gets to I'll have to consider it.
As I said I just picked up the BM AC-30 and... well it didn't "shiver me timbers"

t

36 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Depending on how many "goodies" the buy gets to I'll have to consider it.
As I said I just picked up the BM AC-30 and... well it didn't "shiver me timbers"

t

A lot depends what sorts of tones you use. What I have found really useful in May collection is the emulation of the effects. Chorus and Kat tremble booster. Also, browsing through the presets of how the IKM guys made some of those sounds was a really learning experience for me. The combination of amps and placement of effects in the chain gave me lots of ideas that I  never really considered before.

• Thanks 1