IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

26 minutes ago, Mesh said:

On the fence on getting A5

I think its pretty good. I dont regret my purchase. But is a bit of a slow loader.

FWIW.. I still switch back and forth between AT4 and AT 5. Depends on the project. The ability to drag and drop fx and cabs is pretty cool and handy  when trying new sounds.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, ALC said:

I believe the calibration is built into ARC3 given the consistency of the MEMS mics.  Here’s an interesting read on the mics.  https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-ik-multimedia-arc-2-5-mems-test-microphone

Does it mean that the software and MEMS in the same box are matched? Or you mean it's global and I should just shut up and go buy any MEMS mic out there?

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Does it mean that the software and MEMS in the same box are matched?

I doubt it, according to the article the MEMS mics are pretty consistent.

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

I should just shut up and go buy any MEMS mic out there?

Good question, I bought the "package" even tho I have both the ARC 1 and ARC 2 mics...

t

If I hadn't already "pulled the trigger" I might have gone the route @Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermannsuggested.
But, truth be told, I was/am looking for a way to avoid "MixBox".
I pulled the trigger too soon months ago on AT5, the "free" version would have done everything AT5 has done for me so far...
And now I could have had AT5 for "free".

just my nickel98 🙃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I pulled the trigger too soon months ago on AT5, the "free" version would have done everything AT5 has done for me so far...
And now I could have had AT5 for "free"

You realise that the free version does not have the new cabinet technology? If you have only been playing with AT5 and not AT5CS you might not have had a chance to hear the difference. I am still using AT5CS at the moment and I would upgrade to AT5SE to get that. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 7:23 PM, mister_tea said:

not seriously but seriously:

If the pattern is "Buy 1 Get X free when X,000 registrations are reached" ... "up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1!"

would that last tier be Buy 1 Get 25 free with 25,000 participants, meaning an extra one, 26 for the price of 1?

The top tier will be 25 for the price of 1.  When we get closer we will show the later tiers.

On 8/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, Fleer said:

I wonder if AmpliTube 5 has the same 180+ plugins as AmpliTube 4 did. 

You can see precisely what is in each AmpliTube 5 on the page (<--- click "AmpliTube 5" to go there).

15 hours ago, chris.r said:

Question to anybody who knows, for sure, whether the MEMS that come bundled with the ARC3 boxed are specially calibrated for use with the dedicated software? IOW if I buy the MEMS and the ARC3 software separately, do I loose that last extra step of polish like a bundled mic calibration?

Each mic does not need to be calibrated but as noted in replies from others (like the quote below) MEMS microphones are consistent so each of the units is very consistent and works very well with ARC 3.  You can use the MEMS mic from iLoud MTM or the one sold separately from us without issue.  I wouldn't recommend a random MEMS microphone but you can also use any measurement mic that has a measurement file available.

13 hours ago, ALC said:

I believe the calibration is built into ARC3 given the consistency of the MEMS mics.  Here’s an interesting read on the mics.  https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-ik-multimedia-arc-2-5-mems-test-microphone

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

You realise that the free version does not have the new cabinet technology? If you have only been playing with AT5 and not AT5CS you might not have had a chance to hear the difference. I am still using AT5CS at the moment and I would upgrade to AT5SE to get that. 

Yup. AT 5 CS does not have the new amp engine. To get the new sounds.. you need at least SE.

• Like 1

Think I've found a way out. Since I cannot buy, for whatever the reasons are, the ARC3 directly from IK store and use jampoints to further sweeten the deal, I figured out that I can buy just the MEMS mic from a local retailer or even get away with something like that for half the MEMS price:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-ECM8000-Ultra-Linear-Measurement-Microphone/dp/B000HT4RSA/?th=1

and still get good results, and then just get the ARC3 software as a freebie as some of you suggested earlier. I'm already in the group buy with a €99 tier so I get the feeling like the ARC3 software is right now wandering quietly into my account.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Think I've found a way out. Since I cannot buy, for whatever the reasons are, the ARC3 directly from IK store and use jampoints to further sweeten the deal, I figured out that I can buy just the MEMS mic from a local retailer or even get away with something like that for half the MEMS price:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-ECM8000-Ultra-Linear-Measurement-Microphone/dp/B000HT4RSA/?th=1

and still get good results, and then just get the ARC3 software as a freebie as some of you suggested earlier. I'm already in the group buy with a €99 tier so I get the feeling like the ARC3 software is right now wandering quietly into my account.

Should work but note the ECM8000 is not a MEMS mic but is an electret mic, I think sort of a copy of an earthworks measurement mic. They are a very good value and will be useful for other things in the future too, but I think may have higher noise than the earthworks?

I think it'll still work with ARC3 if load a calibration file for it... I'm not sure whether those come with ARC3 or are downloaded somewhere.

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

Should work but note the ECM8000 is not a MEMS mic but is an electret mic, I think sort of a copy of an earthworks measurement mic. They are a very good value and will be useful for other things in the future too, but I think may have higher noise than the earthworks?

I think it'll still work with ARC3 if load a calibration file for it... I'm not sure whether those come with ARC3 or are downloaded somewhere.

If not an IK MEMS mic, then you want a mic that has an individual calibration file, like the Dayton EMM-6 or UMM-6 (USB).  The ECM8000 I believe has a generic calibration file which may be close, but not individually measured.

Participants to 
3 free products

Almost there.

I’m still waiting for a deal at the $199.99 tier that’s better than using 60 Jam Points.  On the other hand, some of my Jam Points are going to expire soon (from the group buy two years ago).