Returning Back To Cakewalk :)

ADUS

Hey all, so I am coming back from Studio One and FL Studio to my FAVORITE program for making music 😊

question for you all:   I remember a few years ago it was advised to first install Sonar Platinum (last installer published) and then to install CbB on top of it (or along side of it).  Is this still the case?  I am starting fresh on a new PC build and rather not clutter it up with stuff I don't really need.   If I am just installing CbB, what would I be missing out on?

Thank You,
ADUS

Yes, in order to use content bundled with SONAR Platinum, it must be installed prior to installing CbB.

If you don't plan on using any of the old Cakewalk content, skip installing Platinum.

If you have older Cakewalk plug-ins here is more info about installing Cakewalk products

Here is the list of plug-ins bundled with CbB http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Plug-ins.1.html

Here is the list of plug-ins bundled with SONAR Platinum http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Plug-ins.1.html

SONAR also included audio and MIDI loops not in CbB.

• Like 1

Thank you Scook and Noel.  That's all I wanted to know.  I also wanted to make sure the two can live side-by-side without getting in each other's way....  From what I remember they don't share the same program files directory or registry key directories right?   

Each DAW has its own

• Cakewalk Content, Program,  ProgramData and User folders
  • area in the registry (except for a couple of shared entries)

They all use the same "Shared" folders containing DX plug-ins, PC modules and utilities such as the control surface dlls, program manager and scanner.

The shared bits are the reason why 

• all Cakewalk DAWs and CbB must be installed on the same drive and
  • CbB must be installed last.

1 hour ago, Craig Anderton said:

You can also selectively install some things from pre-Platinum versions, like it you really really want the TimeWorks compressor :)

yeah i had to dig out some old DVD install disks to find the Sonic Timeworks products and the old Lexicon plugin.  😉