Jump to content
kevin H

Orange Tree Samples 2021 Group Buy

Recommended Posts

Can I use my orange slices + 60% (if it goes that far) at the same time? If that's the case I got 24% of slices, so either 60+24= 84% or 60+ (40*0,24) = 69,6% off?

 

Edit: sorry, I saw the answer now  in the GB description:

"If you've saved up any Orange Slices points, they can be combined with the group buy discount for even greater savings."

 

Nice!

Edited by Leizer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Leizer said:

Can I use my orange slices + 60% (if it goes that far) at the same time? If that's the case I got 24% of slices, so either 60+24= 84% or 60+ (40*0,24) = 69,6% off?

 

Edit: sorry, I saw the answer now  in the GB description:

"If you've saved up any Orange Slices points, they can be combined with the group buy discount for even greater savings."

 

Nice!

If you're still unsure, you can give *me* those orange slices and I'll confirm for you whether or not they work 😁

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leizer said:

Can I use my orange slices + 60% (if it goes that far) at the same time? If that's the case I got 24% of slices, so either 60+24= 84% or 60+ (40*0,24) = 69,6% off?

 

Edit: sorry, I saw the answer now  in the GB description:

"If you've saved up any Orange Slices points, they can be combined with the group buy discount for even greater savings."

 

Nice!

But will it be 84% off or only 69%? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

What are the chances anyway that this group buy gets up to the 1500 needed to get the full 60% off? There's still 13 days and currently up to 515..

You're loosing nothing getting into the group buy, there's no risk at all as you can edit your choice even after the GB end anyway. In fact you're loosing at least a chance when not participating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chris.r said:

You're loosing nothing getting into the group buy, there's no risk at all as you can edit your choice even after the GB end anyway. In fact you're loosing at least a chance when not participating.

I know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chris.r said:

You're loosing nothing getting into the group buy, there's no risk at all as you can edit your choice even after the GB end anyway. In fact you're loosing at least a chance when not participating.

You still have to buy one item though, right? The cheapest being TinyBox at $19. So even at 40% off that would be at most $11.40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

No, no obligation. 

Okay! So why not participate? I am going to sign my mother up, and my brother, and my dog, and my neighbour's cat. Shoot, I'll sign up my whole block.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chris.r said:

You're loosing nothing getting into the group buy…

Unless you are the guy making difference between 1499 and 1500 for 60% off.  Someone is walking the plank if you back out hehe

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best is to take Evolution Guitar Bundle 15 guitars for 1199usd (not sure why 2 instruments missing banjo+mandolin from acoustic bundle), with 60% off it would be 479.60usd.

plus if you have some orange slices can you still make it down by percentage?

are those resaleable if i dont need some?

 

Edited by dee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question for those who have many Orange Tree libraries: If you were an Orange Tree virgin and only going to buy one Orange Tree electric guitar library, which one would it be? I’m leaning toward the Hollowbody Blues. Is sounds great and appears to be quite versatile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scott H said:

A question for those who have many Orange Tree libraries: If you were an Orange Tree virgin and only going to buy one Orange Tree electric guitar library, which one would it be? I’m leaning toward the Hollowbody Blues. Is sounds great and appears to be quite versatile. 

I have the luxury of having everything Orange Tree Samples makes and will choose the appropriate guitar for the song -- which is ideal. Which guitar(s) you choose is going to be influenced by personal taste and the musical genre(s)  you're working in -- just like with physical guitars. I mainly do rock and my go-to guitars are the Les Paul,  Evolution Rock Standard and Evolution Stratosphere, a Fender Strat. Just like the actual physical guitars, those two electric guitars cover a lot of ground. But I will choose from any of the electrics, depending on what I feel best suits a song. 

The Hollowbody sounds absolutely beautiful. But if you are looking for presets, it doesn't come with all of the distorted guitar presets you'd get with Rock Standard or Stratosphere. So if presets matter a lot to you, keep that in mind. If you're going to use the clean samples with your choice of a guitar sim, that is irrelevant. In my case, while I use the presets A LOT of the time when I start off., but I have a blast and can completely spend hours taking the direct input / clean guitar sounds of Evolution libraries through amp sim and effects like Guitar Rig or Amplitube (I have both).   

I'd suggest listening to presets for the various guitar libraries you're interested in. Again, you can always use the clean sound and go into any amp sim and effects you like, but the presets videos let you hear the included presets with each library: 

 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Current Participants: 731

Time Remaining: 12 days, 10 hours

Discount Tiers:

1 - 49 buyers: 10% OFF

50 - 99 buyers: 15% OFF

100 - 249 buyers: 20% OFF

250 - 499 buyers: 30% OFF

500 - 749 buyers: 35% OFF *

750 - 999 buyers: 40% OFF

1000 - 1249 buyers: 50% OFF

1250 - 1499 buyers: 55% OFF

1500 or more buyers: 60% OFF

* Current discount level

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fleer said:

No, no obligation. 

Sorry Mighty Fleer but I don't think that is accurate, but if so please share where that info is printed.

As printed on https://www.orangetreesamples.com/group-buy
"you can modify your order at any time during the group buy."
which also includes dropping out, as you can just click on the x by your item to drop it.

But once the sign-up period ends you're committed to pay for something:
"You can change your group buy order at any point, even after the group buy has ended (as long you joined the group buy by committing to purchase at least one library)."
So you can change your order after the signup period but you are committed to purchase something.
 

10 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Okay! So why not participate? I am going to sign my mother up, and my brother, and my dog, and my neighbour's cat. Shoot, I'll sign up my whole block.


Let me know which item your neighbor's cat ends up paying for...
This is a great sale and there's plenty to purr about.

BTW if I recall correctly on the last group buy OTS hit the max level early and he opened payment options.
During the remaining signup period I was able to purchase an item then use the Orange Slices that purchase generated on a subsequent purchase added to the still active group buy.  Don't know if things have been modified to prevent this kind of double dipping but it worked out great for me last time even though it drained my funds.

 

 

 

Edited by TheSteven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scott H said:

A question for those who have many Orange Tree libraries: If you were an Orange Tree virgin and only going to buy one Orange Tree electric guitar library, which one would it be? I’m leaning toward the Hollowbody Blues. Is sounds great and appears to be quite versatile. 

Dracus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chris.r said:
On 6/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, Christian Jones said:

What are the chances anyway that this group buy gets up to the 1500 needed to get the full 60% off? There's still 13 days and currently up to 515..

You're loosing nothing getting into the group buy, there's no risk at all as you can edit your choice even after the GB end anyway. In fact you're loosing at least a chance when not participating.

14 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

I know

LOL

I just had a righteous amount of sleep and re-read my post again. I think I know now why I did say what I did say. About 2 or 3 years ago when I was about taking part in my first OTS gb and I had some doubts, one of them exactly the same as you was asking. The other was:

14 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

You still have to buy one item though, right?

I remember that I wanted to buy some libraries but I was just starting a new job at that time and had no idea if I'll have the money on time before the GB time ends or not so I was very uncertain whether I should get in or not, then I've got confusing answers, someone on kvr even contacted me by PM saying that I'm obligated and he knows it - I have no doubts his intention was to be helpful. So I got by email personally with Greg, the owner, and he kindly clarified all things. You *ARE NOT* obligated to buy anything, but to ensure your discount at the gb end time you just need to put anything in and keep it there until the clock finished.

So I have read your question about chances for 60% and instantly got it as a doubts whether you should take a seat or not, and to clarify things I said yes you should, just in case...

UNLESS... all you were really asking was what are the chances to get the full 60% 😂

Edited by chris.r
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

But once the sign-up period ends you're committed to pay for something:
"You can change your group buy order at any point, even after the group buy has ended (as long you joined the group buy by committing to purchase at least one library)."
So you can change your order after the signup period but you are committed to purchase something.

"committing" in this case means leaving any item in the GB cart during countdown, nothing more

you can then delete, change or add items, all in all we are there to buy stuff at the best discount, as long as you keep at least one item till the GB end time (countdown) you will get your discount back anytime you're changing the order later during the extra time for accomplishing your order (about a month or so)

that's what Greg said when I emailed him with the doubts

Edited by chris.r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chris.r thanks for clarification.
Cudos to Greg of OTS for his generous attitude.
 

and apologies to the Mighty @Fleer for doubting your posting. 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

"You can change your group buy order at any point, even after the group buy has ended (as long you joined the group buy by committing to purchase at least one library)."

I think this part of the terms, the wording used here, was the most confusing to me as well.

14 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Cudos to Greg of OTS for his generous attitude.

Absolutely! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fleer said:

But will it be 84% off or only 69%? ;)

I think it's the smaller value, percentages don't add.

(Original Price *  (1-Orange Slice Discount)) * (1-Group Discount) = Final Price

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...