Jump to content
murat k.

Accessing QUADCURVE EQUALIZER Panel from the Tiny EQ

Recommended Posts

I agree this would be useful - It should be a click away..or maybe a double click or right click

Also , I have mentioned this before but the mini EQ Plot view  LOST some useful functionality when the move from Sonar 8.5 to X1 happened

There is no longer any way to activate the Hi & Lo pass filters from the console strip view like there used to be with the old " Per Channel EQ " ...you have to open the Pro Channel.  Some may think this is trivial but when you make 100+ tracks per year for music licensing all these extra steps add up. 

The old way was much quicker with the old per channel EQ, you could set your filters without opening up anything else

image.png.972d5927e8457b273f806e12dfacb30e.png

Ironically , you can adjust the other 4 parametric EQ bands in CBB but honestly there isn't enough fine control ...yet the filters where coarser control is acceptable are not accessible.

IMHO we should be able to click at either end of the mini EQ plot to activate the Hi or Lo pass filter.

image.png.c52b8244b18132c7e8fb9f43d05f15af.png 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect it work as the same way as we did with the double click in the ProChannel View to the Small EQ View. 

Also we need it on the Console View for sure, so I changed in the Topic Name "Inspector View" to "Tiny EQ" for this feature request to apply in general.

About the old way, maybe adding a shortcut functionality with Ctrl+Shift and Ctrl + Alt for Slope and Frequency controls of the Hipass and LoPass filters can allow us to adjust without adding extra knobs to the view. And maybe Activating and Deactivating for HiPass and LoPass filters can be accessed by Right Click Menu.

Maybe you already know that, but I'm adding this to anyone who needs, we can fine control by pressing Shift key on the keyboard while adjusting the EQ parameters.

But really I can't work with that tiny EQ even if we can fine control. I need to work with the big one. 

I think Tiny EQ is great for to see overall EQ of the tracks and it will be awesome after we will able to access the big panel by clicking on it.

Edited by murat k.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, murat k. said:

I expect it work as the same way as we did with the double click in the ProChannel View to the Small EQ View. 

Yes a double click would keep it consistent across the UI

5 hours ago, murat k. said:

Also we need it on the Console View for sure, so I changed in the Topic Name "Inspector View" to "Tiny EQ" for this feature request to apply in general.

Yes, I don't need to open to entire Pro Channel to only adjust some EQ , on a real mixing desk the EQ is on each channel strip..it's "there" all the time so you can just grab it and make changes. It's not hidden behind some extra panel.  I think they had it better in Sonar 8.5

5 hours ago, murat k. said:

About the old way, maybe adding a shortcut functionality with Ctrl+Shift and Ctrl + Alt for Slope and Frequency controls of the Hipass and LoPass filters can allow us to adjust without adding extra knobs to the view. And maybe Activating and Deactivating for HiPass and LoPass filters can be accessed by Right Click Menu.

 It's funny but I can assign "Remote Control"  to it and activate it with my hardware controller and change the filter frequency but the remote control settings do not persist if the project is closed which seems a bit nuts,  I found some old forum posts complaining about it which confirm the same issue so I don't think it's just me. So yeah I would take keyboard shortcuts instead, then at least I could assign them to my Streamdeck as a hotkey.

6 hours ago, murat k. said:

Maybe you already know that, but I'm adding this to anyone who needs, we can fine control by pressing Shift key on the keyboard while adjusting the EQ parameters. But really I can't work with that tiny EQ even if we can fine control. I need to work with the big one.  

That's a good idea and keeps it consistent with other fine controls but apart from the filters I agree I can't work with tiny EQ.  It even annoys me that in the Pro Channel can't use the mousewheel to move parameters, I guess this is because it's used to scroll up and down the PC modules.  I bought a NoB Control in the end and this makes the PC much more usable as you can just hover over the control and turn the knob to adjust it.

image.png.24469bf26c5fdc5e1dc3d95625f66b68.png

6 hours ago, murat k. said:

I think Tiny EQ is great for to see overall EQ of the tracks and it will be awesome after we will able to access the big panel by clicking on it.

Agree

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so much expect it to happen that from time to time I forget and double click on the collapsed EQ expecting it to pop out.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I so much expect it to happen that from time to time I forget and double click on the collapsed EQ expecting it to pop out.

Me too. Always. 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2021 at 12:37 AM, murat k. said:

Like this:

QCEQ.thumb.png.476e83426d43d6433ef77d5c0688ea49.png

 

That's request D1.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Olaf said:

That's request D1.

Thanks for the agreement.

About your topic @Olaf, it is great. But it needs some upgrade for the newly added features. I saw D17 for example. You can color them or strikethrough them for to differentiate if they are done or not done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI:)

@Mark Morgon-Shaw

With a Midi Controller and AZController software you can access the PC, just look at the video: (HD Video needs time to convert on youtube)

1. I'm opening Multidock / 2. Open the AZ Display so you can see the values changing / 3. Switching to Pro Channel Mode

Now Rotors 1-4 are Frequencies, 9-12 Q Factor, 17-20 Gain of the EQ, the rest you can see with colors, R 5,6,13,14,21,22 are Compressor, R7,15,23 CE and R8,16,24 Tube of the PC.

I'm changing all parameters so just look at the tiny EQ and the Display for the values. For changing Hicut/Lowcut, Lowshelf, Hishelf I have to activate a Shift Button. (For any reason the wrong LED is blinking, so I have to take a look into my AZController preset)

Greetz;)

Bassman.

P.S. Multidock is reacting a bit slow sometimes, I normally do not open it. I'm just working with the AZ Display, it's the fastest way to change parameters.

Works for sure with all Plugins in ACT Mode too.

 

 

Edited by Heinz Hupfer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Bakers,

This request looks like a simple redirect task, but I think there's a reason you haven't executed it by this time. I know that it is hard to make changes in old codes and as you seem that you're not enthusiastic about making changes in old features. But if you make an exception for this, it will be great for our mixing workflow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, murat k. said:

Thanks for the agreement.

About your topic @Olaf, it is great. But it needs some upgrade for the newly added features. I saw D17 for example. You can color them or strikethrough them for to differentiate if they are done or not done.

Thanks, man, I'm glad you agree - I mean it would be useful and beautiful to see all those things implemented.

I've stopped updating it, because it seems they were left largely unanswered, and there is a resistance to change - and even the two that were implemented when I last updated, could have been implemented in an a lot smoother and more intuitive way, in my view.

Since then I've had maybe another 10-15 ideas about improvements or workflow corrections - like setting all the VU visualizations settings from a single dialog window, for all the views and work modes, instead of 5 or 6 separate menu items, in two views, each with separate submenu items that need to be clicked individually, going at least 20 times through the menu tree, like now. Or registering all the customization and Preference settings in a single file that can be saved and reloaded on a fresh install - including menus, lenses, visualizations, you name it. I've stopped adding the new ideas, because it seems there's no point.

I've cut D17 on the list. I hadn't even noticed it. To be honest, I haven't worked a serious heavy session in CW for a few months now. I'm still waiting for some serious betterment in terms of that list, and especially stability, but I hadn't noticed that change announced in any release notes.

Edited by Olaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

With a Midi Controller and AZController software you can access the PC, just look at the video: (HD Video needs time to convert on youtube)

 

Thanks for the demo...cool workflow but wouldn't really work for me as I prefer mixing with my mouse.  I do have controllers on my Oxygen Pro keyboard but to be honest I  am faster using  mouse and Kb along with my nOb and Stream Deck macros etc.  I don't need to feel  analogue and hands on like I did when I had a proper console.

As I worked with 3rd party EQ's  since well before the introduction of the Pro Channel I've never  used any of it's plugins to seriously mix with.  Not that there is anything wrong with them , I just had  pre-existing stuff I liked and I am faster on.  But for me it was always handy to have the HPF / LPF like the old Sonar Per Channel EQ which was quicker than inserting another plugin and I suspect lighter on CPU.

They made it slower to get to with the X Series by adding more steps and for that and other reasons I stayed on 8.5 until CBB came out and as my XP/Win 7 machine was dying a slow death and CBB was free I made the jump.   

Last year I wrote 100 tracks for TV Music Libraries and I'm up to 48 this year so I need to work pretty fast  - If they implement the change to the DAW natively as suggested I'd be happy but I prefer my input devices to be more universal where possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI:)

@Mark Morgon-Shaw

Quote

Last year I wrote 100 tracks for TV Music Libraries and I'm up to 48 this year so I need to work pretty fast  - If they implement the change to the DAW natively as suggested I'd be happy but I prefer my input devices to be more universal where possible.

My Preset for this Controller is Universal. I have 9 different Modes integrated,. so with just a Button Press all Rotors , Sliders and Buttons have different actions. You can see the available parameters at the end and start of the video in the AZDisplay. You can see "Normal" Mode before I switch to the "ProChannel 1 Track Mode" and at the end back to Normal Mode. I have an 8 Track ProChannel Mode where you can edit 8 Tracks simoultaneously for Bass/Tone/HiMid and Highs. Very helpful in the Bass Aerea:) 

Since I'm beloved in the Schepps Omni Channel, I do not often use ProChannel, but I have done almost everything in it....

So it is very flexible and "not for all actions" faster than working with mouse. I'm showing all possibilities in a video, which I'm doing this week....

 

Greetz;)

Bassman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Olaf said:

Thanks, man, I'm glad you agree - I mean it would be useful and beautiful to see all those things implemented.

😊

17 hours ago, Olaf said:

I've stopped updating it, because it seems they were left largely unanswered, and there is a resistance to change - and even the two that were implemented when I last updated, could have been implemented in an a lot smoother and more intuitive way, in my view.

Cakewalk's development became faster and they are adding new important features with every update, so I disagree about the resistance to change. 

17 hours ago, Olaf said:

Since then I've had maybe another 10-15 ideas about improvements or workflow corrections - like setting all the VU visualizations settings from a single dialog window, for all the views and work modes, instead of 5 or 6 separate menu items, in two views, each with separate submenu items that need to be clicked individually, going at least 20 through the menu tree, like now. Or registering all the customization and Preference settings in a single file that can be save and reloaded on a fresh install - including menus, lenses, visualizations, you name it. I've stopped adding the new ideas, because it seems there's no point.

Your ideas looks great. I recommend you to create a topic for every one of them individually. This way works better for everyone including users and developers. 

17 hours ago, Olaf said:

I've cut D17 on the list. I hadn't even noticed it. To be honest, I haven't worked a serious heavy session in CW for a few months now. I'm still waiting for some serious betterment in terms of that list, and especially stability, but I hadn't noticed that change announced in any release notes.

I am having no stability issues in Cakewalk in general. We talked about your stability problems in the past in your topic. I remember that Cakewalk has issues with AMD devices. Maybe I am having no trouble with the Cakewalk because I use Intel Chipset. But really I have no idea about this stability issue because I haven't got any.

Edited by murat k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, murat k. said:

Cakewalk's development became faster and they are adding new important features with every update, so I disagree about the resistance to change.

They are, but in terms of revisiting choices already implemented, they seem less than to not-at-all enthusiastic.

8 hours ago, murat k. said:

I remember that Cakewalk has issues with AMD devices. Maybe I am having no trouble with the Cakewalk because I use Intel Chipset. But really I have no idea about this stability issue because I haven't got any.

They say that it doesn't matter, but it's true that maybe more of the guys reporting crashes and all kinds of irregular behavior are on AMD. If I were CW, I would probably make a statistic, so I can get an idea. A lot of the market is on AMD, so that shouldn't be normal behavior, either way. I'm looking to go on to Ryzen, which is still AMD, but I've heard is optimized a lot better as a multi-core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

My Preset for this Controller is Universal. I have 9 different Modes integrated,. so with just a Button Press all Rotors , Sliders and Buttons have different actions.

No you misunderstand

I do not want to use dedicated DAW controllers. I will only buy controllers that are universal to all windows applications. The Stream Deck and NoB can be used with many Apps as they were not designed only for DAWs ..this means they are more open and flexible and not subject to becoming outdated

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I'm looking to go on to Ryzen, which is still AMD, but I've heard is optimized a lot better as a multi-core.

I am using the 3900x with no issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Olaf said:

They are, but in terms of revisiting choices already implemented, they seem less than to not-at-all enthusiastic.

Recently I requested a feature for Arrangements which was implemented in Cakewalk a year ago, they responded quickly. But if you are talking about an old core feature like Quadcurve EQ just like in this topic, yeah, making a change on an old core feature is a hard thing to do. Think like you're taking a book from the bottom of the stack. So I understand why they're not enthusiastic about that.

19 hours ago, Olaf said:

They say that it doesn't matter, but it's true that maybe more of the guys reporting crashes and all kinds of irregular behavior are on AMD. If I were CW, I would probably make a statistic, so I can get an idea. A lot of the market is on AMD, so that shouldn't be normal behavior, either way. I'm looking to go on to Ryzen, which is still AMD, but I've heard is optimized a lot better as a multi-core.

18 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I am using the 3900x with no issues

Maybe @Mark Morgon-Shaw, you can share your settings with @Olaf and he will never get any stability issue with the Cakewalk.

 

Edited by murat k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, murat k. said:

Maybe @Mark Morgon-Shaw, you can share your settings with @Olaf and he will never get any stability issue with the Cakewalk.

I think they are pretty stock/standard to be honest, I do have the ThreadSchedulingModel set to the more aggressive 3 ..I don't think I changed anything else

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I think they are pretty stock/standard to be honest, I do have the ThreadSchedulingModel set to the more aggressive 3 ..I don't think I changed anything else

I get it. So it's about Ryzen. Just like Olaf said:

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

I'm looking to go on to Ryzen, which is still AMD, but I've heard is optimized a lot better as a multi-core.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...