Never ending export

I've been trying to export a project on the latest version of Cakewalk, but the export process never ends and creates an exported file with the the project plus 20+ minutes of silence following it. If I let it keep exporting for longer the silence is longer. Basically I can export tracks but cannot stop the export process unless I end the Cakewalk process in task manager. It also causes my CPU to go to 100 percent usage (i7 9700k). This has never happened to me in the past and I can't work out what's causing the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have already missed an important deadline because of this.

Here is a post about a similar issue

And another about making time-based selections for export

If running 2021.04 check the new tempo envelope for unexpected nodes. If this is the problem please report it in the 2021.04 feedback thread

33 minutes ago, scook said:

Here is a post about a similar issue

And another about making time-based selections for export

If running 2021.04 check the new tempo envelope for unexpected nodes. If this is the problem please report it in the 2021.04 feedback thread

Thanks, this helped with the export issue, but Cakewalk still thinks my project is over 12 hours long. Still can't work out why.

There may be some data far to the right on the time line

This could be a MIDI event, an automation or tempo node.

The first link above discusses how to clean up the project.

If you can't find the data or the clean up does not work, consider sending the project to support and see what they say about it.

Support should not need the entire project, just the cwp file.

• Like 1