Sign in to follow this  
Lisa Lane-Collins

Cursor not following playback, automation being ignored

Question

I hit play, the cursor and playback time increment by a few milliseconds and then it stops. Audio continues to play but there is no visual representation on the screen. Which is making editing hard.

And then it's also ignoring my automation data. If I hit play before or after a change in value, it will acknowledge the automation but it won't follow it in real time. This is making the final bit of mixing actually impossible.

I've queried support but haven't heard back. On a deadline for this project and really really really miss Sonar

8 answers to this question

While you're waiting for help, can you provide more details, like possibly putting your system configuration in your sig like I have, or putting it in a message reply, and whether the project is audio, MIDI, or a mix of the two?

In the past, I have found problems when I had many unused muted takes in lanes during the comping and editing process. Moving them to their own tracks and archiving them helps take a load off when I'm not ready to delete them.

Normally the cursor not moving is due to scroll lock being off. Pressing the scroll lock key normally fixes this.

I'm not sure what's going on with automation, though - unless you've somehow disabled it?

image.png.2196ee95e04a3dce44f9e580210de84c.png

Hi, I am actually having the same exact problem. Once I hit record, line advances just like 1/8 of a mesure and then stops. The recording itself works just fine but even in playback the line still doesnt move that much so there is absolutely no way of editing anything or even navigate in my recorded wave. I am new to this program but still..., automation is on, scroll lock is on, practically haven't touched anything in settings. I dont know what is happening and it's getting frustrating.

Thank you so much! I had the same odd issue of the cursor not tracking beyond the screen width and didn't realize I had accidentally hit the Scroll Lock key on my keyboard. I would have never figured that one out.