Colorizing Tracks

User 905133

image.thumb.png.0c663109d0853e1f60710eda84329666.png

Recently someone asked about changing colors using the theme editor.

Related posts / discussions: here, and here (using the Inspector), and Colin's Most Excellent Guide to Theming (such as the section on Clip Colors)

NOTE: In response to a previous post (the first "here" above) someone asked:

On 7/28/2020 at 3:26 AM, user6808463577169165 said:

how did you create that??

It looks like I didn't answer that specific question, probably because msmcleod's reply using the Inspector (the second "here") was quicker to do / and seemed to me to be more efficient than the method I used (theme-editor based).

However, it can be done with the theme editor--just in case someone wants to do it using the theme editor. 

Edited by User 905133
(2) to delete references to additional details being forthcoming; (1) to add links to related discussions

I just realized that I really don't cover how to set up clip foreground/background colors in any great detail in the YLIP. I guess I just assumed it was obvious.

Yes, these colors are controlled by the current theme, and may be over-ridden by color prefs, or customized on a track-by-track or clip-by-clip basis.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Could you explain how? Which colors need to be set? Or are you referring to Colin's recipe in TYLIP?

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, by "Colin's Most Excellent Theming Guide" I am referring to his YLIP to Creating Cakewalk Themes. 

As for the colors, I finally reconstructed some of my track color tests.  Looks like one series of tests started with Boston Flowers: 

image.png.fb1cd858ac204f9fcf63328971f9448f.png       image.png.4f7d9ad846f0bedff3d6c5e47376f065.png       image.png.c3d11d45abb7dbf53a74a713565d41da.png

To do this, I tweaked the colors in the Theme Editor under Track View > Clips Pane > Clips.  To verify, I did this today:

image.png.c888ec9c8ea2a22a065901bf2d4a4adc.png 

Again, I probably didn't post this method previously because msmcleod's solution using the Inspector seemed much more efficient and quicker to me, but it can be done in the theme editor if you want. I have not systematically given thought to the advantages of the different methods, but surely there must be different benefits to each method (and maybe others?).

Hope this helps.

Edited by User 905133
to resize images