Weird Audio Glitch

Ian Harris

For some reason, only in one of my projects the audio is distorted. It was working fine yesterday, but when I booted up my pc, started cakewalk, my headphones are making this crackling/pop noise. When I try to play the project no audio comes out. Looking at the windows volume mixer it shows that the volume output is at max but there's no sound.

When this project is open, all my audio is distorted, even outside of cakewalk. But as soon as I switch projects or close cakewalk, the audio is fine.

I use a focusrite scarlet solo interface , AT2020 xlr mic, and Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro headphones that are plugged into my interface.

Any help would be much appreciated as I need to finish this project for an assignment today.

Why are you looking in Windows sound when you’re using an audio interface? The interface is you sound device. 
Make sure you download and install the latest ASIO drivers for the interface. Make sure your interface is the only device chosen in all the preferences/ Audio dialogue boxes. 
Make sure your master bus output is going to the Focusrite 

Alway use the ASIO driver with any audio interface 

Your speakers need to also be connected to the output of the interface not your computer. You can’t use both together, it’s one or the other. 
If you speakers don’t have the proper connection use the headphones or get an adapter 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

Hello.   Let me summarize to see if I got this right.  You are able to launch CWbBL, and load a project, but there is no sound on playback, or any audio is badly distorted.  Is this correct?

Some things to try:

- try loading other projects and see if you can get good audio playback.

- make sure your master outputs are set to your audio interface.

- if none of your projects can playback good audio, I suggest you find the latest driver for your audio interface, and load it into your computer.  Follow the manufacturer's instructions on loading the driver.   Does that change anything.

Report back if you continue to have problems.  Have fun.