Jump to content
Shane_B.

Skyrim Soundtrack on 4 LP Set.

Recommended Posts

"Box Set 4xLP?"  I know the game setting is ancient, but... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, craigb said:

"Box Set 4xLP?"  I know the game setting is ancient, but... 🤔

Don't you know? Everything ancient comes back with a vengeance... I am looong due for a come back... 🤪

BTW, I am currently playing this game for the first time. My now adult son, told me I had to play this classic. After I had played it for a while and told him I was enjoy it, he said kinda proudly: "you know dad when I was skipping classes, failing school, gaming all the time and simply giving you a hard time? That's the game I was playing!" 😱 I wish he hadn't said that! 🤭

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is an incredible game. That is a video from the original release I think. It can look a lot better.

I'm waiting now for a quote for a gaming system that can play this, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4 modded with high res textures. Can't wait to get it. It takes a lot to run these hi res even though they are older.

It can take years to play these games. Especially modded on a PC. That's why they are all still so popular and people are still making advanced mods for all of them.

That link to the LPs says it's out of stock but they just re-released it on their site in a different section. The new listing didn't have the track list so I posted the old one.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played it...  Still need to finish Crysis 3 someday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, craigb said:

Never played it...  Still need to finish Crysis 3 someday...

I normally don't even touch my DAW/PC from spring till fall. But the prices on this stuff just keep going up. I figure if I'm ever going to buy something I should probably do it now. I've been waiting all winter for gpus to go down but they've been consistently going up.

They recently remastered Crysis ... in 8K. Allegedly it will run on  PS4 Pro with ray tracing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder when people will realize that we actually can't see the difference between 4k and 8k except on a stadium sized screen...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, craigb said:

I wonder when people will realize that we actually can't see the difference between 4k and 8k except on a stadium sized screen...

The benefit is more to do with motion rates I think. They still have a hard time with motion blur. 4K is smoother downscaled to 1080p so I would assume 8K downscaled to 4K or 1080p would be even better but I don't really know??

I pre-ordered the brand new 4K scan and restoration of Dawn Of The Dead. Should be here by the end of the week. I cannot wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I pre-ordered the brand new 4K scan and restoration of Dawn Of The Dead. Should be here by the end of the week. I cannot wait.

So you got almost a week to finish your new Album  😆  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to add to the above that I'm really, really glad my teenagers haven't got into gaming too much. The older one has a little but the younger one has no interest in gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, craigb said:

I wonder when people will realize that we actually can't see the difference between 4k and 8k except on a stadium sized screen...

There would be people on the Steam forums that would claim you're an idiot.  That's their level of knowledge and maturity.  

I rarely buy new games these days because they are bloated and demand too much time.  You would never see a game developer  work for Reaper.  They would demand the file size be over 1GB and require a 4ghz CPU. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

The benefit is more to do with motion rates I think. They still have a hard time with motion blur. 4K is smoother downscaled to 1080p so I would assume 8K downscaled to 4K or 1080p would be even better but I don't really know??

I pre-ordered the brand new 4K scan and restoration of Dawn Of The Dead. Should be here by the end of the week. I cannot wait.

That's another thing.  Having to save an unnecessarily large 8k still would add strain on the processor and storage mechanisms too.  I'd rather have 4k at a higher refresh rate than 8k!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul Young said:

There would be people on the Steam forums that would claim you're an idiot.  That's their level of knowledge and maturity.  

I rarely buy new games these days because they are bloated and demand too much time.  You would never see a game developer  work for Reaper.  They would demand the file size be over 1GB and require a 4ghz CPU. 

Those Steam punks (see what I did there? 😜 ) should head over to Reddit and raise their IQ's a little!  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, craigb said:

I'd rather have 4k at a higher refresh rate than 8k!

After all these years being stuck at native 120Hz I'm starting to think there must be some kind of hardware/technical limitation as to why it's not better.

When I hook my 4K player up to my old 1080P LCD TV and play a 4K disc it is smoother than my 4K player to my newer 4K TV. And it looks great. Both TVs set to native refresh (120). I'm assuming the smoother playback is due to the downscaling. That's why I'm guessing going from an 8K source to a 4K or 1080 TV would yield the same benefits with even better resolution.

Good point about the size of 8K. Makes we wonder if it would be a streaming thing only or if they have advanced lossless compression. Youtube has some 8K videos now. I can stream them as well as 4K but they don't play properly on my older hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I'm sort of glad I never got into gaming.

PC gaming is more of a money pit than DAW PC's and requires a never ending array of tweaking patches and adjustments. A DAW you just set it and forget it for the most part. The hardware required to keep up with the ever changing graphics requirements is a never ending money drain also. It's going to change in the near future though. Everything is going to streaming. Internet speeds are getting to the point where it's better to have the game run in a dedicated high powered server and you simply play it remotely via your ISP. Amazon and Sony are doing it now and it works pretty good with less graphically intense games at the moment.

I switched to Playstation many years ago but they slowly turned in to a function limited, GPU deprived, vastly slower PC and ruined it. Every game now on release day has a patch some the size of the original game install. If you want to access any aspect of the game online such as in game purchases, mods, dlc, playing against others, Sony forces you to do the update and locks you out of doing anything online until you do update. Same with their system software.

I'm a PS fanboi. Now that the studio (Bethesda) that makes the only games I play just got bought by Microsoft all future games are Xbox and PC only so I'm jumping ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I asked our kids 5 years ago if they wanted  a new Playstation or XBox and they actually told us no.

 Even with this pandemic lock-down  they found other things to do.  My younger daughter hounded the AP English teacher lat Spring for next years book list in advance as she wanted to read them and do  the papers in advance if possible. The AP teacher said that wouldn't be fair. My daughter said I didn't say only for me. You can post it as a Google Doc since we are on lock-down. The teacher did and plenty of students took to reading.  The AP teacher now says that was a great idea as the majority of the students did and the discussions are more in-depth.

  I wouldn't mind an XBox, but I know better to get into PC-gaming.  Sometimes it is nice to shoot things up and not go to jail 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Sometimes it is nice to shoot things up and not go to jail 😀

Drugs are still illegal Ed.

(*Sheesh!*  Some people! 🙄)

  

  

😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

The teacher did and plenty of students took to reading.  The AP teacher now says that was a great idea as the majority of the students did and the discussions are more in-depth.

That's great!

3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I wouldn't mind an XBox, but I know better to get into PC-gaming.  Sometimes it is nice to shoot things up and not go to jail 😀

I get that. I'm more in to the graphics and story aspect of it now. I like to shoot IRL but the old style cap and ball black powder. I keep the real ones locked away. I like the process you have to go through to load and be accurate with the old school black powder arms. Lot's of smoke and noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is part of the soundtrack if anyone is interested. This is actual game footage. It looks better than this compressed video and there are mods to where you can make it look even better but still, this is pretty incredible. There is also a Day version of this too. The music is excellent. It's an actual real orchestra, no midi. This is what is included on that 4 LP set.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...