Smashing Galaxy

Reasons to smile - a new song, first draft

Good, we need more positive attitude around here.
Your voice lends itself well to the minimalist format of the song. Wouldn't change that.
The volume tends to get too low at times, but I see this is a first draft so something to work on.
I enjoyed this one quite a lot.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed the song, enjoyed the message, your voice and your playing. I agree with Bjorn that at times the volume of the song drops a bit too low. I never worked with folk music, but if I was working on this I might eq a bit of brightness into the acoustic's sound just for variety. I might also take out a few mouth sounds which I do to my singing. Just minor things, really good overall! Good vibes back at ya

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for comments. Yes I hear what you mean about the volume. A bit silent at times! I think I will later some instruments and backing vocals to fill it out a bit more. Will also take on board those tips about eq.

Thanks so much.

Perfect - I wouldn't change a doggone thing!  You have written some great, uplifting lyrics.  The minimalist instrumentation is absolutely perfect in completing the package.  When I listened it sounded like a guy and his guitar expressing some happy thoughts and it was more like a personal presentation for the listener.  I am not sure if the volume was adjusted when I listened.  However, even when it got soft it served only to draw me into the song further.  The way it is presented now makes it very personal.  I did not notice any little glitches but if they were there they only added to the humanity of the song.

Very well done!!!

• Thanks 1

Nice song, it's good to hear a simple folk song well done.

• Thanks 1

As a furry alien from a galaxy far far far away I can confirm their is a lot mor eout there than you earth peeps realise.

Nice tune, vocal perhaps just a little to forward for me but.....

• Thanks 1

Great song and Very well written .  Maybe some minor EQ and volume tweeks , but it sounds like a Final draft.  Enjoyed it

mark

That was charming. Wouldn't change a thing. If you're worried about varying volume levels, use TDR Kotelnikov to master the individual tracks, but I'm not hearing a problem.