Jump to content
Will_Kaydo

Flatbed Effect list request.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Will_Kaydo said:

No it' not cause you jave to move away from the place you're at to go and locate a plugin. 

You must have a hellishly low resolution set on your mouse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Not when it's buried 700 plugins away

 

If you say so. Go and read the original post again. Who uses 700 COMPRESSORS? the flatbed is on the subgroup Dynamic, EQ Reverb etc. Not all effects on one page. READ! 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Will_Kaydo said:

If you say so. 

I know so I used 8.5 for a decade which has no Browser.

It's fine in 2001 when you've got 100 plugins...20 years later it's not really much use

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I know so I used 8.5 for a decade which has no Browser.

It's fine in 2001 when you've got 100 plugins...20 years later it's not really much use

😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

25 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I mean look how far I would need to scroll to reach Waves VEQ ???  and mine are pretty organised

image.thumb.png.4b0084d0fadd586328b1b4cfb80735d3.png

Oki - doki.

And with this you will have all your ompressors on one window. 

1964789319_PT12.thumb.jpg.8f7e92209b68fb05cdd95a1987ff76a4.jpg

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

You must have a hellishly low resolution set on your mouse 

And this makes you a straight up *****! 

Not everyone can affort big monitors - not that I dont have / but / here's guys out here working solely on Laptops. The world of workflow does not revolve around your selfish attitude. 

If you have the means of what it takes to afford these type of equipment great! Out here on the streets - the struggle is real! We work with what we have - so asking on behalf of those producers and where I will benefit - I WILL DO! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there! And that is why I feel shit offended of that comment you've made. 

I've worked with what I had and in the living arrangements - until I got out of that lifestyle. 

The world dont need people like you in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

You must have a hellishly low resolution set on your mouse 

My latest release is about struggles! So yeah! I'm hell offended right now!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

I was there! And that is why I feel shit offended of that comment you've made. 

I've worked with what I had and in the living arrangements - until I got out of that lifestyle. 

The world dont need people like you in it. 

Lol you're welcome x x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

My latest release is about struggles! So yeah! I'm hell offended right now!!!! 

I have never been offended by anyone in my life because there is nothing they could say that would ever bother me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, we all here to help for the development of the Cakewalk in the Feedback Loop.

Defending existing things is not about development. And I believe Cakewalk users deserves better than workarounds.

Also we need multi column feature for the context menus everywhere in the Cakewalk. Some plugins have a lot of Audio Output, we need multi columned visibility also there. Even if we use a different path for the Drum Maps, this is not solving the issue, only my Battery 4 Drum Maps exceeds the visible list.

When we get multi columned visibility it will be everywhere at the same time in the Cakewalk. I mean when developers add that feature to the Cakewalk, they'll able to implement it everywhere. So automatically we will also show Plugin Menus with multi columned state.

And please, be kind to each other. We make music.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Kaydo I agree with your request. I have often hoped for something a little better in listing plugins. However, there is no reason to get upset with other posters no matter how anti progress they may sound. Frustration due to people putting up arguments opposed to the idea is no reason to attack anyone. 

Consider this a warning.  The TOS forbids calling a member a name that is an insult.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, John said:

Will Kaydo I agree with your request. I have often hoped for something a little better in listing plugins. However, there is no reason to get upset with other posters no matter how anti progress they may sound. Frustration due to people putting up arguments opposed to the idea is no reason to attack anyone. 

Consider this a warning.  The TOS forbids calling a member a name that is an insult.  

Really dont care about warnings at this point. I will call someone out when they in the wrong! 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, murat k. said:

Defending existing things is not about development.

Are you saying and/or implying that if someone suggests/proposes a change and in so doing points out flaws with the status quo, it is out of place in this forum to address the advantages of the status quo and/or the fact that different people can have different preferences, workflows, etc.?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Are you saying and/or implying that if someone suggests/proposes a change and in so doing points out flaws with the status quo, it is out of place in this forum to address the advantages of the status quo and/or the fact that different people can have different preferences, workflows, etc.?

Thank you for the question @User 905133. I was wanting to elaborate the subject. Let me give you an example. Let's say I am not happy with the navigation in the Cakewalk compared to the other DAWs. Then I create a topic and request a feature for panning with middle button in the Cakewalk. When someone came with an argument like, no it is not necessary, there is a scrollbar, and you can also navigate from the time ruler etc. This is defending an existing thing and will never help to the Cakewalk development.

By the way I've made panning with the Middle Mouse Button with the Cakefolk already. 😊

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, murat k. said:

Thank you for the question @User 905133. I was wanting to elaborate the subject. Let me give you an example. Let's say I am not happy with the navigation in the Cakewalk compared to the other DAWs. Then I create a topic and request a feature for panning with middle button in the Cakewalk. When someone came with an argument like, no it is not necessary, there is a scrollbar, and you can also navigate from the time ruler etc. This is defending an existing thing and will never help to the Cakewalk development.

 

Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, the downside to that is if everyone gets their preferred way of working, it can either cause inconsistency in how the UI works, or eventually become feature creep, and turns CbB into some kind of ad hoc REAPER knock-off.

That's not to say a lot of those ideas aren't good, or your utility isn't - there's some fantastic suggestions and ideas going on there - but there really needs to be a person guiding the ship and making some careful choices about what's in there, and unfortunately that might mean a way some of us would like to work isn't added.

Using the scrollbar thing as an example, adding something in to use the middle button to pan, that might sound good on the surface but it could affect much deeper functionality depending on how that control is exposed to the UI, etc. (just an abstract example, not specifically saying this is about the middle mouse thing). If it's not hindering a the use of anything, and the thing some users would like to see added is already being adequately covered by existing functionality, the dev team would have to be prioritising features elsewhere that will make a real meaningful difference to most users.  Saying something is fine as it is isn't hurting Cakewalk development necessarily. Adding something new isn't necessarily helping development either.

Again, not to say that the ideas people are suggesting aren't valid or good ones, but there's got to be a priority and a plan and it may not be what we would personally like to see.

I'd personally love to see a lot of additional .ini file config stuff to modify the behaviour of things, so it's out of the eye of the casual user but for those who really want to go deep, they can customise a lot of granular features to their liking.  Obviously that doesn't solve every issue, but there's got to be a long term plan to keep everything focussed while dealing with a small team and finite time to add/change things.

EDIT: For the record, I'm with you guys - I personally would like the menus to be better.

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...