Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David Sprouse

Trailer

Recommended Posts

As always, really interesting listen David . . . just the right touch of macabre. I especially like it when the clown starts smashing the cymbals randomly. (or, maybe that was you) Actually, the drum kit entrance totally took me by surprise. Is it a 1960's clown, hence the 60's organ sound ? Or, is that all part of the menace feel ? BTW, yes, I like this piece a lot ! If you hadn't mentioned "evil clown" I might have thought of it as a punk rock comedy, but definitely has a theatrical feel overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

This is a trailer for an evil clown movie

Trump's in a movie?

This is really cool David - really gets the vibe across

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Really enjoyed that intro & ending as well as the edginess of the track.

HS thanks for your generous review.   Writing in this genre is a little ezr than jazz (as you do) but can be emotionally compelling. :D:D

Edited by David Sprouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, noynekker said:

As always, really interesting listen David . . . just the right touch of macabre. I especially like it when the clown starts smashing the cymbals randomly. (or, maybe that was you) Actually, the drum kit entrance totally took me by surprise. Is it a 1960's clown, hence the 60's organ sound ? Or, is that all part of the menace feel ? BTW, yes, I like this piece a lot ! If you hadn't mentioned "evil clown" I might have thought of it as a punk rock comedy, but definitely has a theatrical feel overall.

Noy, were the cymbals clipping?  I cant always tell because I listen at such low volumes.  I was trying to evoke tubular bells from *the exorcist* but instead of evil clown, I got evil clown CAR. :D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

Trump's in a movie?

This is really cool David - really gets the vibe across

Daryl,  I am honored by your presence here on my humble thread.  Whether it's trump or herbert hoover...there are many more blues songs yet to sing.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David,
Yep definitely a scary clown soundtrack. This set off some interesting imagery in my head.
-Bjorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spooky and i like it.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:27 PM, David Sprouse said:

Noy, were the cymbals clipping?  I cant always tell because I listen at such low volumes. 

don't rely on those ears look at the led meters always.great drums!jack c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever meet Steven King - beware!!  You could write a story based on this.  Maybe you already have~~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, Andrew Rhodes said:

It's like evil early Genesis, in a good way!! 😈

On 3/5/2021 at 10:49 PM, bjornpdx said:

David,
Yep definitely a scary clown soundtrack. This set off some interesting imagery in my head.
-Bjorn

On 3/5/2021 at 3:26 PM, mark skinner said:

It's amazing what comes out of your head ..  I liked it  , but not sure if I enjoyed it. 

Thank you men.  Putting *evil clown* in title sure gets a lot of hits.

Edited by David Sprouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2021 at 1:44 AM, Bajan Blue said:

definitely macabre!! it really would make a good horror type soundtrack

Cool

Nigel

 

 

On 3/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, jack c. said:

spooky and i like it.

don't rely on those ears look at the led meters always.great drums!jack c.

 

On 3/7/2021 at 2:26 AM, Wookiee said:

@David Sprouse nice I like the sense of menace, the erie pipe sound, the manic drums. cool stuff.

 

On 3/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

If you ever meet Steven King - beware!!  You could write a story based on this.  Maybe you already have~~~

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy days to listen to my music. *Tigger vs. Cujo*  is my next piece.

Edited by David Sprouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting soundscape. A bit scary but still nice. Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You hit your mark David.

Well done!

t

at about 2:45 it could have been Deep Purple or Iron Butterfly...

Edited by DeeringAmps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...