"Poppin' Tight"

bats brew

14 hours ago, kurt soderquist said:

Pretty funky! Lot's of complimentary guitars going on, very dense arrangement. Super funky bass playing too. Good stuff.

hi kurt! yea, dense arrangement, but open at the same time...

this one was REALLY fun to arrange...

it took about 4 variations of this song to land on this arrangement.

the bass was the EASY part!! heheh,

that was a single take.

So do you play your drum parts on a pad or something, how does superior drummer work. I like  the drums on your stuff, sounds like a real drummer. The Jamstix that I've been using I put in the measures and verse, chorus, break or whatever and it comes up with the fills etc.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:36 PM, kurt soderquist said:

So do you play your drum parts on a pad or something, how does superior drummer work. I like  the drums on your stuff, sounds like a real drummer. The Jamstix that I've been using I put in the measures and verse, chorus, break or whatever and it comes up with the fills etc.

hey kurt, thanks for the questions.

drums: i pull midi data from a huge library of riffs, and then i edit that loop (and each loop) to do exactly what i want it to do.

you're best bet to learn superior drummer,

is to go here and watch the vids:

https://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-3/

On 2/20/2021 at 2:00 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Chops, man, chops. Great arrangement and groove, love it.

howdy emerald, thanks so much!

On 2/20/2021 at 2:49 PM, AndyB01 said:

Yeah, funkin' awesome! Great groove. Andy

hey andy! glad you dig this groove .... i probably spent more time deciding on the right meter for this, than i did recording it!!

i must have changed it a dozen times...

18 hours ago, kurt soderquist said:

Cool, I had a 81 artist that I sold recently. They were very high quality guitars back then. 

hey kurt...

my 1st ibanez artist, was a 1979 2619 model, which i bought in 1979, and had until i bought that Carvin up above, in 1984.

i had to sell the artist to afford the custom build of the carvin, and always regretted it... i mean, i loved the carvin, still do, will never sell it...but i really liked that Artist too!

One day, I walked into GC to look at Les Paul Double cuts.

They didn't have any.

What they DID have, was a 1977 Ibanez Artist 2618, priced out at $899 (which is about $400 cheaper than anything I’ve found on EBay)....

I talked them down to $599, with original case.

Really good condition, one small chip out of the finish on the back, and the pickup selector knob is broken off, but the selector still works fine. i've got to fix that as soon as covid goes away.

original frets, very little wear. No checking in the finish, it's beautifully worn, gold finish is coming off the hardware at a very normal rate, for a 44 year old guitar!

Edited by batsbrew

Mine had a subtle flame top with 4 little switches, unfortunately didn't have the original pickups. It was a beauty but I never was totally in love with it. My friend I used to jam with was a big fan, he had a red burst and a really cool green metallic f hole hollow body (I wanted that one) they are kind of like a 339 size.