Melodyne 4.24 causing Audio Engine Dropout crashes with Bandlab 2021.01

Chevy

I select a short audio clip and then click on Region Fx - Melodyne - Create Region Fx and the program just hangs up for a long while, then I get the audio engine dropout (12) alert.   This is without even asking it to play the clip.

The help section text says  "12  [Internal] Internal audio buffer memory limit overflow. Contact support with recipe/project file."   Not sure what this is referring to.  Which buffer is this ? I messed with the Mixing latency buffers and ASIO,  bumped up to 1024, but that makes no difference to the problem. What is a recipe ?

For what it's worth, I just had my Scarlett 6i6 driver and firmware updated today, but that didn't help with the problem either.

Is it possible Melodyne 4.2.4 won't work with Bandlab 2021.01 ?

I just reinstalled Bandlab, and then upgraded to Melodyne 5, and I'm still getting "Audio Engine Dropouts" (error code 12) when I try to invoke Melodyne.  Can't use it.

The help section text says  "12  [Internal] Internal audio buffer memory limit overflow. Contact support with recipe/project file."   Not sure what this is referring to.  Which buffer is this ? I messed with the Mixing latency buffers and ASIO,  bumped up to 1024, but that makes no difference to the problem. What is a recipe ?