bjornpdx

The Darkness

The Darkness.

Not a cheery song. Just trying to portray in music the black mood I get into once in a while.

AIR Music Tech Hybrid
u-He Ace
NI Reaktor
Heavyocity Vocalise
Arturia OB-XA

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

• Like 5

i do many dark side  songs,i feel so relaxed now.good job recording.jack c.

11 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

trying to portray in music the black mood

I get it, but I didn't find the piece "negative".

👍's

hope it helped to exorcise your demons...

t

This is one of the best things I've heard from you, and it cheers me up!  You have such a sophisticated library of sounds and the knowledge of how to use them, and it just gets better each time.  It makes me want to go back to the drawing board ;)

• Like 1

The dark side of Bjorn - I liked it - I always enjoy your stuff - well done.

By the way, that Heavyocity Vocalise is cool.

Jack and tom, I appreciate the comments.  Thanks

Lynn, wow thanks for the kind words (where do I send the check, ha ha).  I truly appreciate them.

Doug, Thanks.  Yeah Heavyocity Vocalise has some of the best and useful sounds out there. 

• Like 1

This has a very cinematic quality to it - I could easily imagine this set to some kind of slo-mo dream sequence / memory / recap scene. I do like textural pieces, though some can be a bit boring to me if they go on too long, but you managed to keep it interesting. 

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1

Well done Bjørn.
Some really high frequencies in there.  (pan well and somehow grab your attention)
Strange slurry notes too...  felt like I was being sucked into something with this track.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I get it, but I didn't find the piece "negative".

I agree with Tom - this is very well done Bjorn. The mix is excellent and pacing is perfect for the genre

• Like 1

Good mix here. The theme is definitely dark feel to me. The moving drone in the background gives it a meditative feel. 

• Like 1

Nigel, Hidden, Daryl, Paulo, Hidden, Tim -  Thanks for taking the time to comment
Gary - Thanks. NI Reaktor has some strange sounds, well suited for drone-y ambient music.

Hi Bjorn,

This track sounds great, and develops nicely. I really like it a lot. Great use of Vocalise, by the way -- very organic and natural.

Rob

• Like 1

It reminds me of Pink Floyd .. sort of an Ummergumma'ish  .. Just needs Davids guitar to come in .. Love it Bjorn ..really 👍

Steve

• Like 1

The only darkness was that caused by the closed furry eyelids @bjornpdx this is sweet, nice evolving sounds, very Tangerine Dream I like :)

• Like 2

Bjorn , I really enjoyed this. I thought it sounded very "cosmic"  Your vocals were great  , but you sing like a girl ..       mark

• Haha 2

Rob- Thank you.
Steve- I didn't make the Pink Floyd connection but now that you mention it..  Thanks
Wookie - Thanks.  Earlier versions of this sounded way more TD than the final version.
Mark - Thanks. The girl singer is from Vocalise. My singing is sort of Leonard Cohen on helium.

Edited by bjornpdx

Bjorn . . . very nice bit of ethereicity  . . . didn't find it so dark, more relaxing and reflective, but maybe that's just me.

Lol, "Leonard Cohen on helium" . . . my best laugh this week. 

It's very introspective . . . and kept my attention in that vein.  Well done, once again !

• Like 1