Jump to content
Tim Rhodes

Cakewalk on floppy discs ...

Recommended Posts

Is this a record for the  most geriatric Cakewalk user ? The attachment shows the two floppy discs (!!)  I originally bought Cakewalk on, when I came across it in Boston, where Twelve Tone Systems (the originators)  were bas ed.

Still have it on my PC, 26 years later  (but it won't fit on two floppies anymore)

["Windows 2 ?? ", I hear people saying ...]

cakewalk.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tim Rhodes said:

Still have it on my PC, 26 years later  (but it won't fit on two floppies anymore)

Cakewalk Professional for Windows 2.01 looks like a "collector's item." 

Edited by User 905133
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1994 is kinda late in the game to have anything to do with Windows 2.01. By that time I was all about Windows for Workgroups 3.11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

1994 is kinda late in the game to have anything to do with Windows 2.01. By that time I was all about Windows for Workgroups 3.11.

I think this was Cakewalk v2.01 for Windows... just badly labelled.

Did Windows 2 ever actually get released/used?  I used Windows 1.0 for about 1/2 hour... it crashed on Solitaire! So I promptly uninstalled. I did use Windows 3.0 for a while before Windows 3.11 came out tho.

Windows 1.0 kinda reminded me of this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duhhh, of course, it's "Cakewalk For Windows," version 2.01. 😂

I was in software QA at the time a few years away from the IT phase. I liked Windows for Workgroups 3.11 because it finally came with a Microsoft TCP/IP stack.

Funny, I'm also watching Captain Marvel on my second screen and they start the film out with a Kree agent traveling to Earth in the mid '90's.....they are doing a pretty good job with the recreation of California 25 years ago. They're on the wrong side of the country to run into Greg Hendershott, though.

Edited by Starship Krupa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2021 at 12:11 PM, Tim Rhodes said:

Is this a record for the  most geriatric Cakewalk user ? The attachment shows the two floppy discs (!!)  I originally bought Cakewalk on, when I came across it in Boston, where Twelve Tone Systems (the originators)  were bas ed.

I got you beat by a bit.   I have a floppy disk for windows version 1.03 and I have 5" floppy disk of version 1.0 I believe (dos version with manuals).

Until Gibson bought Cakewalk,  I had a user number of "104" . . .

 

Syphus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...