Eric Brad

A Winter Solstice Carol - Happy Holidays!

Eric

sounds good - were they "real" synths or in the box? Its just that I have a K4 Kurzweil and a Roland JX3P (real ones!) that I have just decided to use on some tracks we are doing - cant beat the sound of the real thing!!!

Nigel

Oh nice bass drone sweet.  Good tune all round mix works well her eon the Adam's.  Nice to know that all the elves survived. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Eric

sounds good - were they "real" synths or in the box? Its just that I have a K4 Kurzweil and a Roland JX3P (real ones!) that I have just decided to use on some tracks we are doing - cant beat the sound of the real thing!!!

Nigel

Hi Nigel -

Thanks!  They were in fact the actual hardware synths.  The piece was written and produced between 1994 and 2002 and went through several iterations.  For example, I began writing it on an Ensoniq SQ-1 and Roland D-50 back in the day.  The version I posted had some minor tweaks in 2001-2002 and sounds replaced with The Kurz and the Roland JV-2080.

I've pretty much moved to all soft synths at this point but I still have the Kurz and JV if I ever want to pull them out.  I'm pretty happy with what can be done in soft synths and samplers, especially within CbB.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 11:01 AM, jack c. said:

do believe i hear Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I get that.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:10 AM, Wookiee said:

nice bass drone sweet

+ to that...

Well done Eric!

t

On 12/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, Eric Brad said:

No elves were harmed

good to know 🙃

Great layering of arps and synth leads! Love this.  My very first synth was the rackmount ESQ-M. Sold it a long time ago and wish I hadn't just for nostalgia sake.

• Like 1