Never had a post deleted until...

Michael Vogel

Never had to deal with nuns, but I once had a substitute teacher slam a ruler onto my desk in 6th grade.  My instinctive reaction resulted with him now having two pieces of ruler and me heading to the Principal's office where I was "scolded" with the 'ol wink and a nudge and a whispered "Good job!"

As if mixed signals weren't confusing enough for a kid!

I finally got to public school in 6th grade after we moved to Florida

K through 6 at Catholic school. Actually K, 1, and 2 weren't bad, but the third grade was the year the nuns tried to destroy our spirit. So 3, 4, and 5 were miserable.

The things they did back then would land them in jail today. I think it's a mistake to put older virgins in charge of minding children. Too many seem to take their sexual frustrations out but substituting violence against the children.

I've had my knuckles slapped with the yard stick, bent over the teachers desk in front of the class and had my a s s whipped multiple times, and instead of breaking my spirit, it redirected my anger towards catholic school.

But I recovered after we moved and my 6th grade public school teacher was a sweet woman. In 7th I got into the band and that changed my entire life for the better.

Notes