Is there no end to the deals.....

JoeGBradford

It's been crazy. I'm exhausted. I've even stopped even looking at some of these freebies! I'm not even tempted to try and keep up on that 30 some odd page IK thread or drop in to complain.  I used to get annoyed at "full Kontak required", but now I"m like, "oh good riddance"!   What's the matter with me??  

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, mibby said:

It's been crazy. I'm exhausted. I've even stopped even looking at some of these freebies! I'm not even tempted to try and keep up on that 30 some odd page IK thread or drop in to complain.  I used to get annoyed at "full Kontak required", but now I"m like, "oh good riddance"!   What's the matter with me??  

Teach me.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Grem said:

It will take much time grasshopper!!

Time, you say, sensei? Much too busy looking at deals. 🤣

I really should learn from you though. I shall follow in your footsteps. Well, I will try at least. I'm weak with these deals lol

11 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Just got a freebie from Time & Space - AAS Chromaphone 3 - Solids soundpack!

Hey Joe - when did that come through? I made a purchase on Friday evening (first day for that promotion) and have been waiting for the freebie. Thought it might be because a person needs to 'authorise' it rather than it being an automated thing, though I'm currently wondering if I need to write to them (though they probably wouldn't respond on the weekend)

3 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Hardly use them and I have loads of freebies already

What I really need is more compressors. Something that is "designed for [x] but can also sound amazing on [y or z]." I want something that's only limited by my imagination, or, better still, the sky. Something that can make sounds both sit correctly and pop in a mix. For adding just the right satiny sheen to a vocal track and adding excitement to a thumping dance track. Lord Chris Algae uses it on every channel, but mostly bypassed.

If I can't get that I want a plug-in that emulates a tape machine of some kind and has a UI so faithful to the vintage units of yesteryear that I'll need to buy a new video card to be able to display it.

In software instruments, I need more 75 Gig grand pianos sampled from instruments in remote religious enclaves, or maybe something that'll give me a faithful, no, really this time, faithful Rhodes which also includes the most generic chorus and reverb algorithms they can source from a 30-year-old college textbook. It must also have a "Wurlitzer," where the word "Wurlitzer" means "the same sound as the Rhodes, but EQ'd to be a little more nasal-y."

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, antler said:

Hey Joe - when did that come through? I made a purchase on Friday evening (first day for that promotion) and have been waiting for the freebie. Thought it might be because a person needs to 'authorise' it rather than it being an automated thing, though I'm currently wondering if I need to write to them (though they probably wouldn't respond on the weekend)

I got an email at 12 minutes past midnight GMT. 

I don't know if the code is a personal one or a general one

TS2S1F6H

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

What I really need is more compressors. Something that is "designed for [x] but can also sound amazing on [y or z]." I want something that's only limited by my imagination, or, better still, the sky. Something that can make sounds both sit correctly and pop in a mix. For adding just the right satiny sheen to a vocal track and adding excitement to a thumping dance track. Lord Chris Algae uses it on every channel, but mostly bypassed.

If I can't get that I want a plug-in that emulates a tape machine of some kind and has a UI so faithful to the vintage units of yesteryear that I'll need to buy a new video card to be able to display it.

In software instruments, I need more 75 Gig grand pianos sampled from instruments in remote religious enclaves, or maybe something that'll give me a faithful, no, really this time, faithful Rhodes which also includes the most generic chorus and reverb algorithms they can source from a 30-year-old college textbook. It must also have a "Wurlitzer," where the word "Wurlitzer" means "the same sound as the Rhodes, but EQ'd to be a little more nasal-y."

Remind me again, which is better, "deeply sampled" or "sampled in exquisite detail"?  If I'm going to have the piano take up 75GB on my hard drive I want to have whichever one is better.

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

Remind me again, which is better, "deeply sampled" or "sampled in exquisite detail"?  If I'm going to have the piano take up 75GB on my hard drive I want to have whichever one is better.

Both deeply sampled and sampled in exquisite detail sound wonderful. However, I don't have 75GB to spare on a piano/s; as much as I have loved the sound of some pianos recently on sale, I'll stick with Pianoteq.

12 hours ago, antler said:

I made a purchase on Friday evening (first day for that promotion) and have been waiting for the freebie. Thought it might be because a person needs to 'authorise' it rather than it being an automated thing, though I'm currently wondering if I need to write to them (though they probably wouldn't respond on the weekend)

I went there and signed up for their rewards program and newsletter and received reward points good for about $7. So I decided I'd use it to grab an A|A|S soundpack in order to qualify for Solids. I had to go through a process of converting the points to money, at which point I got a pop-under at the bottom saying that before I could use it on a purchase, I would need to email their support and let them know what currency I was using. Apparently their currency converter is broken.

That was Friday, so I'm still waiting for their support to clock in Monday morning GMT.

So far, they don't stack up too well to PB in the convenience department, but it seems like they are trying to carry brands (more "upscale") that PB either doesn't carry or doesn't feature (I think PB is happy to get $20-$30 a week from people like me buying multiple heavily discounted Glitchmachines, W.A. Production and iZotope products). Connoisseur vs. addict market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1