vsti-percussion

martsave martin s

The only one included with CbB is SI-Drums.

Going back in history, Cakewalk DAWs prior to CbB including a variety of percussion instruments in the bundled synths and loop libraries. Not just the bundled drum synths mentioned above.

I made the assumption the OP was looking for something other than the bundled drum kit.

This- https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1560

On Super Sale right now- This is sonicly miles ahead of anything else I have or use for things like percusion, horns etc. It's a 4 part player so very cool for layering sounds. Even the built in effects are 1st class. Everybody should have this one if you use VST instruments. 

Only downside for some is it requires an ilock Licence manager but is well worth the hassle. Air has many excellent VST's and effects that are always on sale. My other "must have"  from Air is the DB33 Organ.  https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1684.  These are the lowest prices of the year right now so don't wait. 

2020-11-25.png

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

The only one included with CbB is SI-Drums.

Going back in history, Cakewalk DAWs prior to CbB including a variety of percussion instruments in the bundled synths and loop libraries. Not just the bundled drum synths mentioned above.

I made the assumption the OP was looking for something other than the bundled drum kit.

does SI-Drum have percussions on it?

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

This- https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1560

On Super Sale right now- This is sonicly miles ahead of anything else I have or use for things like percusion, horns etc. It's a 4 part player so very cool for layering sounds. Even the built in effects are 1st class. Everybody should have this one if you use VST instruments. 

Only downside for some is it requires an ilock Licence manager but is well worth the hassle. Air has many excellent VST's and effects that are always on sale. My other "must have"  from Air is the DB33 Organ.  https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1684.  These are the lowest prices of the year right now so don't wait. 

2020-11-25.png

thank you John (edit) getting a 503 error page...

Edited by martsave martin s

I just googled "air Xpand2" and there are lots of web sites selling it right now for $4.99 us. https://www.bestservice.com/xpand2.html

I use Plug in boutique lately as it's super easy to get free VST's without fear of viruses and all my products are stored on my product page, the free and the paid for with the serial numbers etc. Never had an issue with the web site , might be the country your from and the internet. Might be the web site is getting a lot of hits right now as this is the week to buy plug ins. Everything is at it's lowest price of the year, so they say. 

Instead of my link just google the home page and enter xpand2 in the search. 

Dim Pro is not included with CbB,  we have it only because it came with Sonar. It is good too for sure but I mostly use Xpand now. 

As scook originally said in the free version of Cakewalk only TTS-1 has a percusion bank. 

Edited by John Vere

57 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I just googled "air Xpand2" and there are lots of web sites selling it right now for $4.99 us. https://www.bestservice.com/xpand2.html

I use Plug in boutique lately as it's super easy to get free VST's without fear of viruses and all my products are stored on my product page, the free and the paid for with the serial numbers etc. Never had an issue with the web site , might be the country your from and the internet. Might be the web site is getting a lot of hits right now as this is the week to buy plug ins. Everything is at it's lowest price of the year, so they say. 

Instead of my link just google the home page and enter xpand2 in the search. 

Dim Pro is not included with CbB,  we have it only because it came with Sonar. It is good too for sure but I mostly use Xpand now. 

As scook originally said in the free version of Cakewalk only TTS-1 has a percusion bank. 

thank you John

There are quite a bit of percussion options in the old SONAR series.

Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro, Rapture and RXP all have percussion programs. Rapture Session may too but I can't tell because I have Rapture Pro installed.

X1 through X3 included the Beatscape loop library which has percussion samples too. They all all Rex2 format so may be played in DP or RXP, the Matrix view or directly added to a track.

Doesn't get any easier than Xpand. It works the same as many VST's but what I like is it's the most user friendly for multi channel or layering of any of my other multi timbral synths. . 

Open the VST and it's default is midi channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 for the 4 instruments slots. Very clearly marked. 

Just populate each instrument buy using the browser ( 1,000's of instruments )  and then add effects and balance the levels. There's even some ways to customize the sounds but I haven't used them yet> 

What I like is I can run the four different midi channels or layer on any one mid channel. Simply change the the channels.  Super cool for horn sections and percussion. 

You can also create HUGE polysynths by layering 4 types and cranking up the chorus. 

If you don't have $5 to spare then you should at least have tried TTS-1 by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Doesn't get any easier than Xpand. It works the same as many VST's but what I like is it's the most user friendly for multi channel or layering of any of my other multi timbral synths. . 

Open the VST and it's default is midi channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 for the 4 instruments slots. Very clearly marked. 

Just populate each instrument buy using the browser ( 1,000's of instruments )  and then add effects and balance the levels. There's even some ways to customize the sounds but I haven't used them yet> 

What I like is I can run the four different midi channels or layer on any one mid channel. Simply change the the channels.  Super cool for horn sections and percussion. 

You can also create HUGE polysynths by layering 4 types and cranking up the chorus. 

If you don't have $5 to spare then you should at least have tried TTS-1 by now.

thank you John,there is strong chance i will buy it(i will report back)

Edited by martsave martin s