Articulation Help.

Will.

Question

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

As to why... I really can't add much more to what @Creative Sauce says about it.  The whole first half of his video is on why you might need them. 

Obviously if the VST's you use don't support any sort of key-switching, then you probably don't have a need for them.

Both videos cover how to create your own maps.

Viewing them now. They are appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Also, the MIDI transforms can convert one set of MIDI data to another on the fly.

For instance, say you have a synth that uses polyphonic aftertouch (an example being Z3ta2) .  Now, at this time,  the PRV has no way to display polyphonic aftertouch (maybe a feature request).  However, it can display Channel aftertouch MIDI events in the PRV.

The MIDI Transform in articulation maps can convert the displayed Channel aftertouch into Polyphonic Aftertouch in real time.

The beauty of this is that you can keep the Channel aftertouch events in a form that can be readily edited in the PRV.  Articulation maps will convert them to Polyphonic Aftertouch in real time.

Before articulation maps, editing polyphonic aftertouch events was a real pain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Promidi said:

Also, the MIDI transforms can convert one set of MIDI data to another on the fly.

For instance, say you have a synth that uses polyphonic aftertouch (an example being Z3ta2) .  Now, at this time,  the PRV has no way to display polyphonic aftertouch (maybe a feature request).  However, it can display Channel aftertouch MIDI events in the PRV.

The MIDI Transform in articulation maps can convert the displayed Channel aftertouch into Polyphonic Aftertouch in real time.

The beauty of this is that you can keep the Channel aftertouch events in a form that can be readily edited in the PRV.  Articulation maps will convert them to Polyphonic Aftertouch in real time.

Before articulation maps, editing polyphonic aftertouch events was a real pain.

Nice one! 

The video's was helpful too, although it's what I know already.

So basically it is just a technique that affects the Dynamic, Length and the relationship change in a performance. 

I'm taking up tv scoring and it'll be my first work in television. That's why the reason on a bit of knowledge, education and information are required, other than the "self-taught" from just playing around with it since it was introduced in the DAW.