Crashes with preset or project loads

6 minutes ago, Olli Buchholz said:

I have the same problem with V11 and V12. I can´t open any projects anymore without CbB crashing. Please help! I have attached the minidump file.

_12222020_214814.zip 485.9 kB · 0 downloads

This dump file is similar to ones others have sent, it's the Waves shell crashing. You'll need to send this to Waves as unfortunately there's nothing on our end we can do.

• 4 months later...

Noel/All,

I've been a cakewalk user and supporter, since 1997. My studio computer is running the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab and have been having the same issue as others above. It started about a year ago. The work around for me was to launch my cakewalk projects in safe mode (shift or ctrl) while opening the project. Then I disable and removal all Waves plugins in the project before saving it. Here is a screen capture of the fault I got while opening an older project tonight. 

image.png.e12b529becd2903c91028c819310004f.png

I will attach the 05072021 220814.dmp if it's small enough. 

Is Waves aware that their plugins are causing people issues? I saw notices on other forums from users of Reaper, FL studios, and others. 

Best Regards, 

Tim 

_05072021_220814.zip

5 minutes ago, DescendingIntoVertigo said:

My studio computer is running the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab

issues regarding the "lastest" version of CbB should be made in the feedback thread specifically created for the current version.

That said, "latest version" lacks precision, a better method is detailing the version info in the About screen.

The current production release is 2021.04 build 144. 

As a result of issues with build 144 a new Early Access build was released today 

7 hours ago, DescendingIntoVertigo said:

Noel/All,

I've been a cakewalk user and supporter, since 1997. My studio computer is running the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab and have been having the same issue as others above. It started about a year ago. The work around for me was to launch my cakewalk projects in safe mode (shift or ctrl) while opening the project. Then I disable and removal all Waves plugins in the project before saving it. Here is a screen capture of the fault I got while opening an older project tonight. 

image.png.e12b529becd2903c91028c819310004f.png

I will attach the 05072021 220814.dmp if it's small enough. 

Is Waves aware that their plugins are causing people issues? I saw notices on other forums from users of Reaper, FL studios, and others. 

Best Regards, 

Tim 

_05072021_220814.zip 1.11 MB · 0 downloads

@DescendingIntoVertigo while that is a legitimate crash please try the new version scook linked to. The 2021.01 release had better crash detection and its possible that it is catching issues that you may not have seen earlier. In Update 1 I have changed this to be opt in so some issues may not get reported. Let me know if this changes anything.