Jump to content
Larry Shelby

Melda Black Friday Sale

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Where do you see that? I only see the eternal madness discount, and a few other plugins at 50%. 

Sorry Fitzroy...I forgot to post that it doesn't start until Monday the 23rd!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Sorry Fitzroy...I forgot to post that it doesn't start until Monday the 23rd!

Aw, ok. Thanks, I thought I was missing something obvious. 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be tempted to pick something up in this (depending on what other sales tug on my wallet). Would an existing Melda customer be kind enough to share their referral/discount code? (If there are many, I'll pick one at random)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, antler said:

I might be tempted to pick something up in this (depending on what other sales tug on my wallet). Would an existing Melda customer be kind enough to share their referral/discount code? (If there are many, I'll pick one at random)

Same here. I've saved mibby's code, since he's into Melda, and is usually friendly and informative if you need help deciding what to get 😀MELDA2490257

 No doubt there are plenty of others around with a referral code. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys!  I'm pinching my pennies to try and pick up MSoundFactory before it gets even more expensive! 

If it's your first buy, don't forget to sign up for the Newsletter for a 10 EU credit!  Also, remember the bundles are half off too!  

 

Edited by mibby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mibby said:

Also, remember the bundles are half off too! 

This will also include the MFreeFXBundle upgrade to the Pro versions. There are currently 37 FX and utilities in that bundle, most of which are, IMO, best in class in the entire industry. MTuner (polyphonic tuner with MIDI out 😲) by itself would be a worthy $30 buy, and that goes for MEQualizer, MCompressor, MComb and others, depending on what you regularly use.

The non-upgraded versions don't leave much out, but it's nice to get rid of the box and give something back and encourage Vojtech to keep adding to the bundle (which is like belonging to a plug-in club, he adds something new to it at least once every 6 months).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

This will also include the MFreeFXBundle upgrade to the Pro versions. There are currently 37 FX and utilities in that bundle, most of which are, IMO, best in class in the entire industry. MTuner (polyphonic tuner with MIDI out 😲) by itself would be a worthy $30 buy, and that goes for MEQualizer, MCompressor, MComb and others, depending on what you regularly use.

The non-upgraded versions don't leave much out, but it's nice to get rid of the box and give something back and encourage Vojtech to keep adding to the bundle (which is like belonging to a plug-in club, he adds something new to it at least once every 6 months).

Another point with this is that the MB (multi-band) aspect is the primary difference between some of the free FX and the paid-for FX. I many situations, a MB version isn't required for the desired result, so one can get a lot of mileage out of the MFreeFXBundle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I think the free fx don’t have oversampling.

I’m going to upgrade the MFreeFxBundle once the sale is live - but currently there seems to be another four-plugin sale for the next week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's on! I ended up getting the MFreeFXBundle for free because I had 20 credits from signing up for the newsletter (nowadays it's 10 credits) and I used a referral code from here.

Now I have a referral code / Melda voucher as well: MELDA5554563 . You can use it for -20% off!

 

Edited by Tomgu
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're new to Melda plugins here are a few things you should probably know about their pricing (correct me if I'm wrong):

  1. If you upgrade from a) individual plugins to a bundle or b) from one bundle to bigger one (say, from Mixing to Complete), they reimburse you 70% of what you have actually paid for a) the invidivual plugins in the bundle or b) the smaller bundle.
  2. You will not be reimbursed in any way if you crossgrade to a bundle on a same "level", like from Mixing to Mastering.
  3. If you have bought a plugin or a bundle from a 3rd party, they assume you have paid 50% of the retail price and reimburse 70% of that, ie. 35% of the retail price.
  4. If you want to sell your Melda plugins, they charge you a whopping 20% of the retail price as a transfer fee. Want to sell your MMixingFXBundle that currently goes for €599? Please pay ~€120 in transfer fees.

So if you buy MMixingFXBundle during the Black Friday sale for €300 and later want to upgrade to MComplete, you get a discount of €300 * 0.7 = €210. On the other hand, if you had bought the same bundle from someone else for less than €210, you would still get that €210 discount and would actually be making some profit.

I've been making a list and I've noticed that buying individual plugins quickly adds up to the point where they equal or exceed the cost of a bundle. I'm probably interested in only 7 plugins in the MCreativeFXBundle (currently €599), but individually they cost €613. Same thing with the MMixingFXBundle (currently also €599) where the six plugins I'm interested in cost €614.

I'm not saying Melda is any better or worse than other developers when it comes to pricing, but trying to figure out the most cost-effective purchase plan is giving me a serious analysis paralysis.

Edited by Pseudopop
Added information about crossgrading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

I'm not saying Melda is any better or worse than other developers when it comes to pricing, but trying to figure out the most cost-effective purchase plan is giving me a serious analysis paralysis.

The best winning move is to not buy anything and jump in at the MCompleteBundle level during the 50% off sale.  Every other choice and you'll end up paying more (sometimes a lot more).  The bundles are especially bad since you can't upgrade from a bundle to another bundle (other than to Complete)  even when they share a lot of the same plugins.  Of course MComplete is crazy expensive, but it does get you everything they will ever make, in theory.  That said the Mastering or Mixing bundles plus the paid free bundle is a pretty decent set and is a lot more affordable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick add to @Pseudopop's comment - I forget the details of the pricing - but Melda is super generous at applying your individual plugins to the price when you upgrade to a bundle - especially with the half off BF sale.  I think I picked up the MEssentialBundle for a song last year after collecting individual plugins for a couple of years.  BTW, I heartily recommend that bundle too. It's got at least 6 of my most used Melda plugins.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MEssentialsFXBundle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The best winning move is to not buy anything and jump in at the MCompleteBundle level during the 50% off sale. 

I wish I had done this years ago!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The best winning move is to not buy anything and jump in at the MCompleteBundle level during the 50% off sale.

But only if you know for sure you are going to buy most of the plugins eventually. I'm not so sure at this point.

27 minutes ago, mibby said:

Melda is super generous at applying your individual plugins to the price when you upgrade to a bundle - especially with the half off BF sale.  I think I picked up the MEssentialBundle for a song last year after collecting individual plugins for a couple of years.  BTW, I heartily recommend that bundle too. It's got at least 6 of my most used Melda plugins.

They give you 70% of what you have spent. I suppose that can be considered super generous. 🤷‍♂️

8 of the 10 plugins in Essential can be found in Mixing, so I think Mixing might be a better choice, for me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll probably just upgrade the free bundle, which I use on occasion. 

I'm not into elaborate sound design, and I'm covered well enough for essentials so that nothing Melda screams YOU NEED ME right now. But I'm intrigued by the available drum samples. So here's a thought: coming from EzDrummer (and a lot of ezx's), I'm thinking of augmenting the sound packs I already have with Melda's. The cheapest/easiest option seems to be getting MDrumReplacer (in a beta/discounted state), splitting EzDrummer channels on individual tracks as usual, then replacing or mixing in Melda's samples to taste. Melda experts, any thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

So here's a thought: coming from EzDrummer (and a lot of ezx's), I'm thinking of augmenting the sound packs I already have with Melda's.

NOT an expert, but I'm pretty sure the Melda samples are a proprietary format, so I'm not certain you can use them with EzDrummer...   I haven't tried MDrumReplacer yet, but I was really hoping the Melda samples would be usable in MDrumEnhancer (which they are not).  I got MDrumEnhancer recently and love it.  For ease of use, it's up there with MAutoVolume and MAutoAlign.

Edited by mibby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mibby said:

NOT an expert, but I'm pretty sure the Melda samples are a proprietary format, so I'm not certain you can use them with EzDrummer...   

I wouldn't be using them WITH EzDrummer though, but on the bounced/rendered tracks, maybe I should have been clearer about that. EzDrummer is not that important, I mentioned it because I'm trying to estimate the added value in sounds/tones compared to the Toontrack stuff I already have. 

I think someone mentioned MDrumReplacer as being able to use the Melda samples, although if MDrumEnhancer can't, that's not a great sign.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...