Jump to content
cclarry

Cakewalk Eucon PLugin

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have this plugin that the could send me...
I can't get it from the Old Cakewalk site...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was a waste...it won't run.  I get an error message stating

The program will only run in Windows that supports x86 Architecture...
I tried ALL the Compatibility settings...no luck...

Cakewalk needs it's own remote App....

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rasure said:

Not sure which version you downloaded, but an updated version v2.6.2 (x86 &64)  is here https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013271/EUCON-Control-Surface-Support-for-SONAR-X1 

That's the one that sends me to the login screen, and then won't let me login...

Edited by cclarry
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just logged in, but it seems file is no longer available anyway (cakewalk.s3.amazonaws.com unexpectedly closed the connection.) was worth a try.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cclarry Before I got a keyboard with DAW facilities I used TouchDAW on my Android phone/tablet and rtpMIDI on the PC which works fine (although I normally used TouchOSC on an iPad but the principle is the same).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep...that's the only "Jack of all trades" so far...so am leaning that way..
$4.99 for the app....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yep...that's the only "Jack of all trades" so far...so am leaning that way..
$4.99 for the app....

Ah I had forgotten it was paid.  It does have a Cakewalk setting though.

That's one area where Cakewalk could do with its own, like the Studio One remote app which is excellent.
Maybe a future release? The articulation map feature was a pleasant surprise so I guess anything's possible. 

Edited by ZincT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Ah I had forgotten it was paid.  It does have a Cakewalk setting though.

That's one area where Cakewalk could do with its own, like the Studio One remote app which is excellent.
Maybe a future release? The articulation map feature was a pleasant surprise so I guess anything's possible. 

Th Studio One app is superb...that's exactly what CbB needs...

The Cubase App is Mac Only...so can't use that....

Touch DAW is apparently the "one ring to rule them all" app...

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just read THIS in the CbB manual

Cakewalk supports the Euphonix EuCon protocol, which allows Cakewalk to be controlled by Euphonix surfaces such as the MC and CM408 series. To enable EuCon support in Cakewalk 1. Follow your Euphonix surface’s instructions for physically connecting the Euphonix surface to your computer and configure the Euphonix software. 2. In Cakewalk, go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI - Control Surfaces. 3. Click the Add Controller/Surface button , which opens the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box. 4. In the Controller/Surface field of the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box, select EuCon Controller. 5. Click OK to close the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box. 6. In the Preferences dialog box (MIDI - Control Surfaces page), make sure that the WAI Display check boxes and the ACT Indicators check boxes are enabled, and click OK. For more information about using the EuCon Controller surface, see the separate EuCon Controller online Help (open the EuCon Controller plug-in and press F1). See also: “To connect a controller/surface to Cakewalk” on page 1272
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In April I was able to get Eucontrol from my Avid account but I never got as far as trying it.

Have you tried that Larry?

eucon.thumb.jpg.515586ee76ae146e735b34f05e16bef3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ZincT said:

In April I was able to get Eucontrol from my Avid account but I never got as far as trying it.

Have you tried that Larry?

eucon.thumb.jpg.515586ee76ae146e735b34f05e16bef3.jpg

Yes ZT...I have it installed...but didn't see an option in Cakewalk for it when I was in there...heading back to check
now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok...there is no "Eucon Controller" option in CbB...THAT's the problem!
I even have the Eucon Software installed...but still won't work, and CbB offers
no Eucon option when adding Control Surfaces...IDK...Touch DAW is a lot easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Ok...there is no "Eucon Controller" option in CbB...THAT's the problem!
I even have the Eucon Software installed...but still won't work, and CbB offers
no Eucon option when adding Control Surfaces...IDK...Touch DAW is a lot easier

Did you check in Preferences -- MIDI -- Devices to see if there was any Eucon device?
You probably have to add it there before you can add a Control Surface (just guessing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Did you check in Preferences -- MIDI -- Devices to see if there was any Eucon device?
You probably have to add it there before you can add a Control Surface (just guessing).

Yes...they all have to be done there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...