Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

4 hours ago, mister_tea said:

The expansions since AT4 maybe? Fender Collection 2, SVX2, Brian May, Satriani, Dimebag Darrell, Leslie

AT4 Max already had Orange, Mesa, Slash, Fender 1, Hendrix, SVX. I might have accidentally listed some AT4 stuff in the above group.

AT5 seems to have 5 new amps, based on (from their site): PRS Archon, Friedman PT-20, Aguilar DB750, Bogner XTC, Diezel VH4. Plus a Sansamp pedal that can be used as an amp. I'm not sure if these are in SE or just Standard/MAX though.

But if you have Total Studio 2, you already have Fender Collection 2, SVX2, and the Fulltone Collection, which aren't in the old Amplitube. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But if you have Total Studio 2, you already have Fender Collection 2, SVX2, and the Fulltone Collection, which aren't in the old Amplitube. 

Looks like it and I'm sure many of us have bought some/most/all of the expansions as well. It seems like there's a very good chance that if you already have "AT4 + significant extra stuff", then plain AT5 upgrade might make more sense than MAX. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

thanks for linking this. my post was a guess on what would be in MAX.

Very tentatively:
The five new amps, and new effects look to only be in full AT5, not SE. I'm not sure about the cool new speaker stuff.
Most of the AT4 stuff is also only in full AT5, not AT5SE -- these were the marshall amps. Red Pig, JMP,-1 etc. However the 900 looks to be in SE and the 800 even in custom shop.

@telecode 101Yes thanks for the link. To me this confirms (along with what Matt found) that all my stuff I have I will be able to use in AT5. 

After looking around at everything that was in the list telecode 101 posted I started thinking. Do I really want AT5 SE? For a little more I could buy AT5 and get most of the new stuff, along with what I already got, and that would almost give me AT5 MAX. 

Don't hold me to this, but I did look and saw that with me having AT4 MAX, the main things in AT5 MAX I won't have is most of the new speakers, All of Joe Stach stuff, a few new amps, and some pedals. I can do without that till the Total Studio comes on sale!!

And to give IK support some props, I did buy, paid for, AT5 SE. After looking at the list telecode posted I realized I wanted AT5. So I sent in a support request to Sales, within two hours they had refunded me my money. It was already back in my PayPal account!! Then I was able to get AT5! $104 using 45 Jampoints. I am a happy camper!

So for AT4 MAX owners, it looks to me like you can get AT5 SE and get the new UI and limited new speaker, stomps, amps, cabs. Or step up and get AT5 and get more new stuff. 

Even looks like that Axe deal is a rather good deal if you're in the market for an interface. The Axe itself is $349. With AT5 MAX, it's just $50 more at $399. If you got enough Jampoints, I was able to get it down to $284. Not bad for the Axe and AT5 MAX.

Edited by Grem

From the spec:

• Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more

that's a good step forward, still no way to use the gear as a simple plugins outside Amplitube engine, which I find it to be an excellent idea if they let us, just like with T-Racks modules

and there was an "issue" I had that if I wanted to use the TERC chorus on an electric piano plugin with stereo outputs like most of them nowadays, the TERC would simply collapse the signal first to mono before processing (I was digging in the web to find out more about it and indeed the hardware instance has only a mono input), my naive thinking is IK could quite easily expand that functionality to stereo in the digital domain but I don't really expect it to happen, waiting to confirm I'm wrong on this :) 

Edited by chris.r

22 minutes ago, Fleer said:

“Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more“

Interesting indeed. 

yep, this plus:

• Improved chains with custom routing options

makes it even more interesting also for non-guitar applications

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

meh.. I don't know about this. It's just not looking too good for people that are already invested in AT 4 like me. The hardware route is okay, but then not being able to us the software in cross-grade offer sort of nullifies that.

The way I am seeing it, it adds up to $91 Kanaki $'s for Neural's  Cory at the current 50% off deal or $151 Kanaki $'s for AT 5 to be able to use what you already have in a new interface. Time to does one want to continue in the IKM sound or move into different territory.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 3

Like others have said, little disappointing that basically none of the expansions give you any discount towards MAX.

Was going to be an instant buy, but now I'm going to wait. Not least of all because it's a pre-order. I really don't get the concept of a teaser for a pre-order. Just release a product or don't FFS. I really hate marketing. 🙄

Edited by RSMcGuitar
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 1