Jump to content
  • 0
Bill Phillips

Sonitus Delay Tempo Sync Doesn't Appear to Work

Question

Am I doing something wrong? If so, what do I need to do to get the DirectX Sonitus Delay to tempo sync? Also is there a 64-bit VST version of Sonitus plugins?

See the screenshot below. The DirectX Sonitus delay is in Host Sync mode but shows 131.9 BPM which corresponds to the 454.9 ms delay time it shows. However the project tempo is 86.52 BPM. All these numbers are in red rectangles in the screenshot.

The documentation indicates that the Host Sync option is not available for the DirectX version, but it appears to be available as shown in the screenshot. I also found the Host Sync option mentioned as working in another post. So I was hoping it would work, but apparently not.

 

vw5zap5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

The Sonitus plug-ins were never ported to 64bit VST

Are there any tempo changes in the project?

Verify by reviewing the data in the tempo view.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, scook said:

The Sonitus plug-ins were never ported to 64bit VST

Are there any tempo changes in the project?

Verify by reviewing the data in the tempo view.

Thanks @scook. Yep. Continuous, created by dragging acoustic guitar track to timeline.

Edited by Bill Phillips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/12/2020 at 7:21 PM, scook said:

The Sonitus plug-ins were never ported to 64bit VST

Are there any tempo changes in the project?

Verify by reviewing the data in the tempo view.

Does this mean the Host tempo sync won't work? I've found a number of references that indicate it does. Here's one but it doesn't work for me.

Edited by Bill Phillips
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Worked for me before I posted.

What I did notice is the BPM in the plug-in only updates when data is streaming through the plug-in.

That is why I suggested looking at the tempo view. From the image there was no way to tell how the cursor arrived at its current location and if the plug-in UI had yet to update.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm obviously doing something wrong. Here's what I get. Notice tempo is around 86 bpm and changing, but Host Tempo displayed in Sonitus Delay is 131 bpm. BTW, what is the app you use for creating gifs? I was using it based on your recommendation but lost it when I had to reinstall windows. I liked it better than ScreenToGif I just used here.

2s7eao6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

LICEcap

What I see is a continuously changing tempo in the transport module.

My guess is this is playing havoc with the plug-in.

Tempo synced plug-ins need a steady tempo.

Given the current tempo map, tempo synced to host may be a bad choice.

Could set the tempo to an average of the tempos or smooth out the tempo changes in the Tempo view.

Changing tempo using tempo synced plug-ins can cause audio glitches as the plug-ins sync to the new tempo.

This may be avoided by using clip based effects and a steady tempo in the clip or aux tracks/buses with the plug-ins at fixed tempos switching between the tracks based on the current tempo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I can confirm that I've seen this myself occasionally. 90% of the time this does work as it's supposed to but on the odd occasion it doesn't, putting in a manual tempo usually works around the issue for most projects (obviously not entirely applicable when there's tempo changes, etc.) 

Sonitus Delay does follow the tempo changes when it's working correctly though - I've done this a lot of times.

I haven't come up with anything reproducible enough to send in to the Bakers to look at, so if you can shoot something over to support and they can solve it, you have my thanks too! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

I can confirm that I've seen this myself occasionally. 90% of the time this does work as it's supposed to but on the odd occasion it doesn't, putting in a manual tempo usually works around the issue for most projects (obviously not entirely applicable when there's tempo changes, etc.) 

Sonitus Delay does follow the tempo changes when it's working correctly though - I've done this a lot of times.

I haven't come up with anything reproducible enough to send in to the Bakers to look at, so if you can shoot something over to support and they can solve it, you have my thanks too! :) 

Will do thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...