Sign in to follow this  
Anders Madsen

Things have changed

Took some time because a back injury prevents me from sitting down much, and I'm not very familiar with this kind of instrumentation: Electric guitars.
Oh! I allso have a new set of monitors that were not "marginally different" from my old ones. Salesman told me they were. (Old: Yamaha HS5, New: Jbl 305P MkII)

Edited by Anders Madsen
  • Like 1

Anders does reggae. Damn good song and performance. Really like your voice. I had trouble hearing the lyrics though because the voc doesn't stand out enough.
Great job.

-Bjorn

• Like 1

I should have mentioned that I'm listening with AudioTechnica M50 headphones. 

- Björn  (I'm Swedish 😁)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanx, gentlemen! :)
Well guess who's old Yamaha yamaha hs5's had activated a highpass filter at 100hZ.
Has been since I bought them eons ago. No wonder I never had the need for bass traps.  

Edited by Anders Madsen

@Anders Madsen I will stat by saying Adam A7x's on isolation stands, in a semi treated room.

I am not hearing anything in the mix that I would really want to crit mix wise.  I can hear all the component parts the vocals is clear and present.  Perhaps a little variation in that Hi Hat pattern but your song you know the feel and groove you wanted to create.

I’m in the car (minivan really), I think the bass is masking the kick a bit. Really like the call and response with the vocal and guitar. 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, bjornpdx said:

reggae

?

Bjorn is right, turn up the vocal!

tom

• Like 1

Yep , Great feel of a song  , revereb and echo just really does the trick , not over complicated you kept it simple , its so easy to over import other intruments so goes the old blues saying `` less is more´´  you nailed it  great song cheers