Skyline_UK

Summer Daze

My nostalgic look back to the summer of 1967.  

Edited by Skyline_UK
Too much reverb on vocal!
  • Like 2

This is indeed a nice retrospective look back.  I think that you covered  the era well.  The music matches the era and and your vocals sounded very good.  I only have one problem.  My media player quit on me.  I'll have to come back later and listen.

• Thanks 1

Pretty neato song.  I like the singing.  Normally hard pans wouldn't work right but for this song it does.  I wish there were some backing vocals (oohs and ahhs perhaps) in places.  Great period sounding instruments,  The guitar outro is spot on!

• Like 1

Great job on the song And the video. I agree with Jim about the guitar outro. Nice , the auto wah was just right.     mark

• Like 1

Take a deep breath. Those kids in the video are now in their 70s.
You caught the spirit of those times very well. Reminds me of the Yellow Submarine movie.  Just a suggestion: put in a couple of nods to the music in that year, maybe a few notes of a Beatles song just enough to recognize it.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 8:24 PM, bjornpdx said:

Take a deep breath. Those kids in the video are now in their 70s.
You caught the spirit of those times very well. Reminds me of the Yellow Submarine movie.  Just a suggestion: put in a couple of nods to the music in that year, maybe a few notes of a Beatles song just enough to recognize it.

Oddly enough, I had included a vocal response line at the end of one verse: 'California Dreamin' all the way' but I took it out just before final mixdown! 🤨

Edited by Skyline_UK

On 9/12/2020 at 6:31 PM, Jim Fogle said:

I wish there were some backing vocals (oohs and ahhs perhaps) in places.

Agreed. That's the only crit I could possibly come up with if pressed to do so. Instrumentation is spot on as was the performances.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2020 at 11:42 PM, Bapu said:

Agreed. That's the only crit I could possibly come up with if pressed to do so. Instrumentation is spot on as was the performances.

I third this.

Cool, fun song. 

On 9/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, Skyline_UK said:

Too much reverb on vocal!

I don't know about that.
I'll throw in with the rest, 👍...

tom

I was fifteen that summer, that fall I sat next to a girl that had actually been to Monterey (evidently her older sister was a bona fide hippy!)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

nice song.  At least that part of our lives was happy.  :D:D  This is my 666th post!

Edited by David Sprouse