Greg Wynn

Did "ESC" during mixdown/export functionality change ?

When I export, I've always been able to hit ESC to stop the process for at least the last 15 years or so :)  

Am I going crazy or has that functionality changed as it no longer stops exporting which at that point it would ask if I'd like to keep the resulting audio  ?  I've tried it on two different installs on two different machines both running 2020.08.

Edited by Greg Wynn
More info

8 hours ago, Greg Wynn said:

When I export, I've always been able to hit ESC to stop the process for at least the last 15 years or so :)  

Am I going crazy or has that functionality changed as it no longer stops exporting which at that point it would ask if I'd like to keep the resulting audio  ?  I've tried it on two different installs on two different machines both running 2020.08.

This is working normally for me, have you tried it with different projects? Try creating a new simple one with just audio and see if there's any difference. 

• Thanks 1

Already ahead of you :)

New project, old project, and different instances of Cakewalk.  However the instances share the same keyboard (in a dual boot configuration).  I’m wondering if my keyboard got wonky ?  Stranger things have happened.

I’ll troubleshoot further and I thank you for your response.

Narrowed it down a little.  If I go File>Export>Audio I get the normal export audio dialogue and can start the export AND interrupt with the esc key. That works fine.

However if I do it from the control bar Custom>Export and start the export I cannot interrupt it with the ESC key.

In both instances Audible Bounce is enabled.

This is repeatable on multiple projects.

Ahh yes from the custom control bar. It doesnt work from there.
Why are you using that anymore when there is a dedicated export control bar?

5 minutes ago, Greg Wynn said:

15 years of habit :)

Ah come on, the Custom Control Bar module has only been there since SONAR Platinum... you're talking like 5 years max! 😁

I don't understand why it would work differently.

I also do not use the Export module (I like a clean, reduced UI and leverage the Custom module) but I have to say, I never noticed the behavior.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Ah come on, the Custom Control Bar module has only been there since SONAR Platinum... you're talking like 5 years max! 😁

Hehehe.  That’s probably an accurate timeline.

I used to use what ever was in that area :)

Edited by Greg Wynn