midi stuck notes

jono grant

Hi, I'm getting stuck notes when I hit stop. This is in cakewalk band lab. If I play in Sonar X1 or Plat, they don't stick.

Is there a setting that may be causing this? I seem to remember having the problem in past but it got resolved somehow.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Jono

I'm seeing more of this lately . At first I thought it was an Addictive Keys issue alone ( many years of never running across this until I started using that). But I also noticed it happening when I had Omnisphere in a track...so now I'm wondering if it's a Cakewalk Bandlab issue. Strangely though...used True Pianos forever and never have stuck notes. Been onboard since CWPA7 and I never seemed to have issues with notes holding upon transport stop. It's like the "zero controllers on stop" can be enabled but it's not doing its job. Hitting the midi panic button sometimes solves it but not always. Odd.

Edited by DCMG

Not sure if it matters but you should always increase your midi buffer size from the default to something 2x or 4x bigger. Mines set at 1000. 

And what Jonesey said is what happens to me.  Grab the note in PVR and pull it up or down to reveal a hidden dupe.  They either stick or cut out. 

I've noticed that if you are using a sustain pedal and cut or edit a section (like deleting notes after), the pedal will be left in the "up" position.

This causes what sounds like notes sticking when the transport stops...

My fix:  add a pedal down command so that it cuts off the way I expect it.