Sign in to follow this  
markno999

Bridge To Somewhere (Original Song by EmeraldSoul)

Posted (edited)

Here is an original song written by EmeraldSoul and posted by him some time ago on the Forum as a piano solo track.    I thought it was a great song and asked him if I could take a stab at working out some string parts for it and he graciously provided a MIDI track of his original solo piece.  Went a little past just a string arrangement and this post is the result of the project effort.    

Piano played by EmeraldSoul, I did the string arrangements and the other parts, the sax solos (Soprano and Alto) were generated by BIAB and pieced together to create a fluid solo piece.   Many of the arrangement ideas were also provided by ES and I greatly appreciate him letting me work on his song, it was a lot of fun.  Hope you enjoy.

Bridge to Somewhere

https://soundclick.com/r/s8dyh7

Regards

Edited by markno999
Credit
  • Like 2

Very nice- good tune, performance  & work on the string arrangement. The BIAB sax parts were also nicely done. -great job.

• Thanks 1

This was an absolute pleasure from start to finish, and all I did was noodle the piano a bit and comment. Markno999 was so creative and super diligent, raising the bar all the way along, and came up with awesome arrangement and mix. Thanks so much, M#999!

This tune now has a musicality I could scarcely have known was possible. Kudos!!!

• Like 1

This is  a pleasant little tune, I remember Tom's original I think you have done quite cool job on this @markno999

• Thanks 1

Nice job melding the sax into the song.
The strings fit right in, really enhances the piano part.
Very good mix but sax might be tad too loud around 3:50.
Excellent collaboration!

• Like 1

Sax is just right for the song.  Glad to see someone is collaborating.  Liked the mix. the bass was supportive of everything else and the drums had a nice bite to them.

• Thanks 1

I remember enjoying this the first time round.
Wow, nice job!

On 7/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, markno999 said:

sax solos (Soprano and Alto) were generated by BIAB

very convincing...

t

👍

• Thanks 1

I too remember the first one.  You have come up with an excellent mix on this one and the instrumentation is great.  Nice work on the saxes.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for having a listen, very much appreciated.      Hopefully got the Thank You's correct, I don't do too much social media type stuff:)

Regarding the Saxes, they actually are real saxes, real players in BIAB.   The challenge with BIAB comes in cutting and pasting something that sounds realistic as they kind of take licks a player would use over a chord and then splice performances together.   If you just enter chords and take what you get, in many cases (most cases) they don't sound convincing.   Generally what I do is render out 6 or 7 copies of a solo idea and then splice things together in a way I think sounds convincing or how a player might approach a specific song.  

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to have a listen to this project.

Regards

• Thanks 1