Erratic New Project Behavior

Tez

I have a blank project template with an empty track pane and 2 buses, a pre-master with a send to the master which has all the sends to the hardware outs.

Scenario 1.

Create a new blank project, and immediately create a second new blank project. The window tab only shows the last blank project.

An addition to the track pane of a project has to be made for a subsequent new project to appear in the window tab.

Scenario 2.

I have a vst3 synth track template, Midi source, Synth track folder and 1st audio out to a specific bus configuration and an audio FX in the rack.

Create a new blank project, and insert the track template, create a second new blank project and insert the same track template.

Close the first new project without saving and the Cakewalk app closes.

Scenario3

Create new projects as per Scenario 2, and for each perform a “Save as” so now these are no longer untitled projects.

Close the first project and the Cakewalk app closes.

Last, since the projects were saved opening each one in the same cakewalk session, the behavior is as expected, namely closing one of them does not terminate Cakewalk and the other remains.

This all seems a bit buggy to me...

Scenario 1.  It's always been like that. If you "dirty" the first project by moving a fader or adding a letter to the notes pane (or maybe a track template) it will persist after opening the second project.

Scenarios 2 & 3 I cannot duplicate. Closing the projects does not close the app here.

@Base 57 I'm not surprised you couldn't duplicate 2 & 3, it probably depends on the track template in my case the synth was pianoteq, the FX Ozone 7 and the audio out generates 3 buses, an input bus, a verb bus which uses Rematrix in the ProChannel   and mix bus for the input & verb which sends to the pre-master. I also have a template that just generates the 3 buses mentioned using a blank audio track in the track pane, and guess what... Scenarios 2 & 3 don't happen. So, I'm speculating that it's an issue with how the FX and synth instances are being handled in the specific context in the OP. Now using the blank audio track bus template and independently inserting Pionoteq and the FX , for each new untitled project, scenarios 2 & 3 don't happen. Whatever's going on  must be complicated 🙃 ...

Update:

It seems the issue resides with the track template used in the OP, namely just creating a new blank project as before an inserting the track template in question, on closing the untitled project without saving also closes Cakewalk, this should not happen, typically the Start Screen should be invoked. So now I'm really confused 🙄...

Edited by Tez

I think I've narrowed the issue a little . For a completely blank new project, no buses, no tracks, no vsts, the template generates all the buses present when initially saved. For my 5.1 speakers, using WASAPI exclusive, this was set to 3 hardware stereo outs, but the template in this case only shows the 1st hardware out, which maybe an old issue.  For a new project template that has some of the buses included in the track template the existing buses will persist. Saving the template without the existing new project's buses  and inserting it into new blank project as described in the OP, half the time there is no issue, the behavior is as expected, but sporadically it will shutdown cakewalk on project close. It seems there's a conflict  with a new project's existing buses and the track template's version of the same, and probably something more. So, I think this is a bug...

Edited by Tez