Sign in to follow this  
bjornpdx

Kind of Irish

Trying for an Irish or Celtic sound and this piece is mostly auditioning Vsts. So, a work in progress.
I really like Bolder Sound Fiddle Vst which  has a lot of articulations but I only used three of them.
There are also a guitar and a flute that take turns playing the melody part - still not sure which one or both or none to use.
I'll definitely keep the fiddle.
It needs a female vocal track which I'll have to figure out how to do (the lyrics and - oh yeah a singer) but in the meantime I put
in a lot of ooohs and aaahs from NI Vocalise.

Thanks for listening/commenting

NI Strummed Acoustic
NI Electric Sunburst deluxe
Indiginus Renaxxance
Bolder Sound Fiddle v2
Embertone Jubal Flute
NI Vocalise 2

• Like 3

I thought that Bolder Sound Fiddle sounded excellent.  I think that female virtual vox you used sounded just right for the song.

I liked the composition - a very pleasant listen - keep them coming.

• Like 1

This is one I could imagine hearing in the bar after the guys have wound down some and had a few. Nice! Almost has a country flavor to it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's cool to audition vsti's in a project, you get to learn a lot by putting them through their paces. I liked your tune and the standout for me was the Vocalise. I could see that blending well with a lot of projects. 

The ending just sort of faded into the Irish/Celtic mist rather than resolve anything  :)  but I think your intent here was experimentation rather than song structure, correct?

In any case my blood pressure lowered and I thank you for that! Nice one.

cheers,

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1

I say a big 👍on the fiddle and Vocalise. Found the guitar pretty convincing.

One little crit, I'm thinking a fiddle player would hold some of notes a bit longer on the end of a phrase.

Nice composition.

t

• Like 1

Bjorn , Great melody and mix. The guitars sounded very relaxed and convincing. I Loved the fiddle. You did a very good job with the grace notes almost got a bagpipe attack out of it. I believe SoundCloud did its' normal chop off the ending though .  Enjoyed it ..   mark

• Like 1

Very nice! Love the sound choices and programming, and the girl sounds very pretty, at least in my minds eye!! Hahaha

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.
David, yes that's Heavyocity Vocalise and not NI like I wrote. Seems like almost every instrument I have goes into NI Kontakt.

Hi Bjorn - good stuff - impressed with the violin and the vocalise - sound good

Nigel