Who's this Mike?

Bapu

Black mics do indeed matter. Especially when you show up to a gig and can't find it.

The only black mic I ever owned got misplaced for over a year. I thought it was gone for good. Then one day I decided to empty my cord bags and sort them (drink enough coffee and it works like meth). There it was at the bottom of the bag, hiding among the hundred other black items in there. 

Its replacement was, of course, another black mic. Might add some yellow electrical tape to it. No rush since it's a stage mic and it won't be travelling to any stages for the foreseeable future.

Funny stuff Dave!  My live playing days ended in 1984 when I broke my arm real nasty and couldn't use my left arm for months.  This is actually why I discovered Cakewalk!  I was able to enter notes in mathematically (and then using a dead MIDI keyboard) and still make some noise.

That said, I did play roadie for a few gigs with friend's bands and I was always VERY methodical and OCD about things.  Everything was labeled, stored where I knew its location and with backup gear.  All of my personal gear tended to stay only in my studio.  You can see my Octavia on the left-side of this pic:

01-Studio2010-14.jpg